Okay, here I am 2 full weeks in to my new toy. Here is what I think and what I have found.

Some of the 'newness' has worn off but I still find myself admiring the MK2. It has worked flawlessly so far. One small quirk that I noticed is previously when I would shut my car off the system shut down perfectly. Now when I shut my car off I am getting the loud pop from the amp. Its only a small annoyance to me, and I get past it by turning off the empeg first before turning off my car. The problem did not exist at first, which is puzzling.

I have settled on my favorite 2 or 3 graphic modes and don't really bother with the rest, although my friends like to scroll through them all when they are in my car. Here is something else I wonder about - when I turn off my player my system is playing a particular graphic. When I power it back up it always comes back up in Track ID mode when I sort of expected it to pick up where it left off, just like the song does. Is this a bug or a feature?

I do a software update to the player once a week, usually adding about a dozen or so songs to it. I still have trouble getting them all to load without the system locking up at least once.. but even now I am used to that and its only a small annoyance.

I have it playing through my home stereo system as we speak and it works there perfectly as well. I had to tweek the EQ settings on my home system some since the car settings were different, and I am aware that there are settings that I can save on the player for while I have it in the house - I just have not done them yet.

For some reason my car now gets better gas milage. I find that I have slowed down my driving speeds some in order to get to experience the empeg more. I also find that I run to the corner store a lot more often than I used to.

In all, this is one slick puppy and I am very pleased. The few small problems that I experience are way too small for me to gripe and I recommend this player to any serious music enthusiast. Because of the cost, this player is not for everybody but for those of us that like music the way that I do, its a must have.

Carl

080000506 12gb-green