Running win xp on pent 4 with 1 GB of DDR ram which has NO problems. The Rio Receiver has a problem in all three configurations that I hooked it up in:

1) Hooked up the unit using direct cable to 3com ethernet card - NO music server found - DO I NEED A CROSSOVER ETHERNET CABLE? ( and yes i made my card 10mb half duplex restarted it one thousand times)

2) Hooked thru SMC Barricade router and configured to allow all ports open. The device connects and then the device locks up continuing to play music but allowing no user input (the note changes from blue to red) P.S. nice of rio to tell us which ports need to be opened 21075,111 (I had to find these atypical ports on a linux hacking page). My device would not connect at all until I opened these ports on the router.

3) Hooked up thru Linksys 5 port 10/100 switch (NO ROUTER) connects fine on first initialization but then within five minutes locks up while continuing to play music.(display is frozen, volume can NOT be adjusted) Similar to router problem

AGAIN PLEASE NOTE the device DOES connect (BLUE NOTE) then i can use it fine for for five minutes tops, then blue note changes to red note on my pc and the unit is locked up playing the music (the display doesn't change and I can't adjust the volume). What the hell is up???????????????