I am having a really hard time with the Rio Sonic Blue MP3 Receiver. I have a Win2K box with plenty of speed,memory, etc. I am using a Linksys Router/Switch with wireless AP. I am also running Zone Alarm firewall. The Win2K PC is the only PC on my network.

I started the Receiver manager on my PC. I then plugged the reciever into an open port on the router. When I start the receiver it tries to connect and never does. When Zone Alarm is running, the receiver manager sees the receiver, but the receiver eventually timesout. The zone alarm logs show that it has blocked UDP access even if I add it to my trusted zone and set the security to Low. If I disable zone alarm the receiver manager does not even recognize the receiver. I have tried several different network settings with no luck. I unplug the receiver (power) after every change. The only thing that I have left to try is converting my FAT 32 file system to NTFS.

I know the receiver works because I tried it on a friends laptop where both the receiver and laptop were connected to a switch.

Any ideas? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Drew