I’ve been working to create metal buttons to match our new fascias. The goal is aluminum with a finish of polished, brushed, or anodized. I need a reality check, though, because I’ve been staring at the many options for too long. Please let me know if you have any interest, preference, opinions, feedback, or ideas.

First, the four buttons, since they are definite. There will be a colored lighting option available, and I’ll have prototype pictures up this weekend. The colors may be user changeable using the same metal buttons.

Here are the processes. Each has good and bad things, but check out the last option; finished plastic, aluminum or chrome coated, painting at last resort. I’m starting to like that more and more.

Investment Casting -
Good: Recreation of original, very good detail, not too expensive.
Bad: Not ready till April or May, maybe not even possible.

Plaster Casting -
Good: Original or new design, ready before April, good detail.
Bad: Expensive.

Machining -
Good: Original or new design, ready before April, not too expensive?, possibility for a new knob.
Bad: Rough detail?, may be very heavy?

Finished Plastic (metal coated / painted) -
Good: Recreation of original, perfect detail, very affordable, MANY options.
Bad: Not ready till April, not real aluminum, may wear off?, may bind with fascia.

The knobs are less definite. We could have the originals, a lit modification of the originals (prototypes soon), a recreation of 303’s NewKnob, or an entirely new design. The originals would be cast or painted plastic while the new design would be machined. I have to do more work to find the most cost effective solution.

Thanks again for any input. Check back in the next few days for photos of prototypes.