I just purchased a used Rio Receiver (RR), and I am amazed at all the "underground" support for these devices...which is complicated and confusing...I feel I have a simple need and would like one of the more experienced users to show me the light...

I really only want to be able to configure my RR to work in stand-alone mode, with out a computer needing to be connected and powered on...and then, once I have powered on my RR and it is connected to the internet via DSL...I ONLY really want to stream Internet Radio...specifically Shoutcast play lists.

From reading a lot of info out there, it seems like there may be several options for me...but I get lost in the whole server/client thingy...and most things out there seem to be either something that is server side and requires that a computer be powered up when you use the RR...or they seem over packed with features (which is nice, but seems to be over kill for my needs)...

I really want to be able, once configured, to be able to simply power on my RR and stream internet radio...nothing more...

PLEASE HELP! Thanks for your assistance!