I just bought an '04 BMW 330 convertible and I'm afraid I won't be able to get my Empeg installed without incurring huge expense!

Here's what I received when I contacted Bavarian Soundwerks:
-----------------------------

Mark,

I think I've got 3 scenario's I can quote you with.

First, would be if you used your Empeg HU, our Stage 1 speaker upgrade, the ib110 subwoofer system, and a 4 channel amplifier.

Stage 1 - Normally $548, but you will not be able to use the front midrange speakers with an amplifier, so -$70 for not shipping midrange speakers. But, you will need crossovers, which our Stage 1 does not come with (since the factory amplifier has these built in, and we normally do not ship these with our Stage 1's, as they are an additional $79 per set, and you would need to, totaling $158).

ib110 - Normally $689, but I would recommend just using a 4 single 4 channel amplifier for your application, which would bring the loaded ib110 enclosure down to $449.

Our 4 channel A300.4 we have in stock, and is $419

Second scenario (and my personal choice as the what I believe would be best for your application), would be to run only front component speakers, with a 4 channel amplifier to power them and the ib110. Front Rainbow IQ Line component speakers are $319.95.

Third, you could eliminate all of this, and simply go with a DICE iPod system, with our spec.dock docking system. When purchased together, you save $30 on the spec.dock. Depending on options chosen, this can run anywhere from $148 for the basic DICE kit, to $336.90, depending on options chosen.

I hope I'm not scaring you on prices, but these are the basic items that will be necessary for you to complete your stereo, in addition to the dash kit, wire harness adapter, and the PAC module you were interested in.
--------------------------

Is this really what I have to deal with? Is there no easier way to get a preamp-only HU like my Empeg into a 3-series? Somebody please lend me some expertise.

Cheers.
Mark