Sorry guys. I have to ask, 'cos I am having a quiet panic.

I re-plugged my Karma into it's cradle yesterday to charge it up and thought all was fine. However, after a while I started to get "flashy screen" (on/off/on) from the backlight, then a HUGE icon of a battery appeared before things went dead.

Pulling the apparently "dead' but supposedly charged unit, it simply wouldn't start up. At all. I thought it had latched in a weird state, so I poked the reset button with a pin. No change.

I now discovered I had managed to dislodge the charger connection, and that the unit was absolutely flat. Phew! Sigh of relief, re-connected the charger and then I re-plugged it. It immediately started up and showed the "Huge" battery again, followed by the normal startup screen.

However - it's stuck like this after several hours showing "Starting". It's making hard-disk access noises and I am bothered: either the disk is dead or it's re-building a DB (??) after the reset.

Re-assure me, give me advice! Should I pull it again? Is this normal? As a new Karma owner I am still a scaredy-cat, so HELP! (please)
One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015