Since there are a few people here that are concerned about good quality sound, I figured I'd ask this question here.

I've been using the sound from my PC like this for more than 20 years : Soundcards -> external amp -> speakers
The only thing that changed in that setup during the years are the PC's and thus soundcards that got connected to the amp. I started with a Gravis Ultrasound, then a few Creative Labs cards and for more than 10 years now I've been using onboard soundcards exclusively.

But now my amp has given up the ghost...

I could just buy a new external amp and be done with it, but a friend of mine recommended to buy an external DAC (with included amp). These DAC's are supposed to generate a much better sound than the internal soundcard can.
I'm wondering a few things:
- Do these DAC's work as an external soundcard? In other words, will they produce every sound coming from my computer? I've got a feeling they only work when playing music files or streaming, but do they produce sound as well when eg. playing a game?
- My speakers are 170 watts RMS - 8 Ohms (some old Jamo's - CL30A's). A lot of these DAC's don't have very powerful amps, sometimes only 2x 25 watts. Does this matter? In the end, I want to connect KEF LS50's to it.

These are the models I've already considered:
- NAD D3020 - 2x 30watts - Bluetooth
- Denon PMA-50 - 2x 50 watts - Bluetooth - I very much like this model, but I'm not sure It can be used as an external soundcard.
- Teac AI-101DA-B - 2x 26 watts - Bluetooth : this one seems to be specifically designed to connect to a computer, but the amp seems a bit weak.
- Teac AI-301-DA-BK - 2 x 60 watts (sometimes 2 x 40 watts, depending where you look :$ ) - Bluetooth. Also nice, but mixed reviews...

I've come to a point where I just don't know anymore. I would appreciate any thoughts or comments you guys can give me. Or maybe al alternative model that's even better maybe?

Cheers!