I read a statistic today that said the typical American household uses about 12,000 kWh of electricity a year.

I keep very close tabs of my electrical usage, and it is nowhere near 12,000 kWh. In fact, I wonder if there is any household in this bbs that uses less electricity than mine!

Below is a small sample of the spreadsheet I use for tracking my electricity usage. This is just a screen shot, but if there are any Excel geeks out there who would like the actual spreadsheet, let me know and I'll send it to you. There's no real reason you should want it, but there are some interesting things being done with conditional formatting and this year/last year comparisons.

The spreadsheet goes all the way back to March of 2011, and only hints at the staggering complexity of Comisión Federal de Electricidad's bi-monthly billing system. My average electric bill comes to less than $20 USD per month.

Exactly half of the total usage is to feed two large desktop computers. (That is meter "C"). SWMBO and I require separate computers because of our difference of religion: I'm Windows, she's Macintosh.

Oh, I should mention that our house is one of the few in Ajijic equipped with both electric heat and air conditioning.

tanstaafl.

Attachments
Electrical Usage.png