Greetings, folks!

I'm feeling hopeful today after seeing that France is sane. Could this turn into good news for a stupid gadget that I'm having trouble finding? I hope so!

I need to connect one or two devices to my wireless router, and these devices don't have wireless. So I'm looking for a product that will do that. Initially, I bought one of these, and it seemed like a winner, but when I started the setup process for client mode it couldn't see ANY networks at all. So that one went back.

Then I tried this, and when I got into the administration for it I found there were no settings for client mode, and then found a single Netgear forum post where someone from the company said it didn't support client mode. Well, somebody should fix the part of the Amazon listing that specifically mentions client mode. So that one is going back tomorrow.

I don't want to return another device and I'm hoping that third time is a charm. One of the problems I'm having is that I can't find a standard term for what I'm looking for. I always used to call this a "wireless bridge," but just because that's what the Linksys device was called when I bought it in 2004 or whenever to connect an old desktop to an 802.11b network. What would you folks say is the more common or accurate term? Client mode? Bridge mode? I'm most certainly not looking for a repeater. I just need to plug in wired devices and make them wireless. It could be one device but more would be better.

Thanks! And Vive la France!