My beloved DIN-dash Honda Accord got rear-ended last week, and I predict that it will likely get totaled.

I've got some cash that could go towards a brand new 2017 Accord or CR-V, so I'm expecting things will go in that direction very soon. The new cars (at least the ones I want) are all touchy screeny bluetoothy cellphoney these days, no DIN slot.

Anyone have any tips on getting an empeg to work in this situation these days, someone who's been through it?

What I'm thinking is:
- Find a spot for the empeg somewhere in the car (maybe vertically in the center armrest console? Even the trunk will do if necessary).
- I have one of the remote display extenders from awhile back, still new-in-box, haven't used it. Maybe find a spot for the extended display somewhere up front where I can get to. Not sure where yet. Visor? Dashboard somewhere? Gotta poke around to decide.
- I don't think anyone makes a direct Aux-in adapter for the 2017 Hondas, can't find one, does anyone know if one exists?
- If not, I could get a A2DP bluetooth transmitter. Can't tell which ones are good though. Would be a little twitchy about the bluetooth audio data compression being applied to already-mp3-data-compression of the audio on the player, but I might not have any choice.
- Don't see an easy way to integrate the steering wheel controls in this situation. Would likely have to rely on the remote display for control.
- Maybe 3D-print a fresh face trim for the remote display, since it would look weird without a pullout handle.
- Maybe upgrade the player to an SSD so that I don't worry about thermal issues and bumpy rides any more.

Anyone else have experience to share about the remote display? For instance, if I pull the player out of the car to update its song library, how easy is it to detach the display, and will it work headless (ie will it boot without a display plugged in) in a home dock?

Any other ideas or things to talk about with this?