Hey, Stu!

I finally got a chance to use the Empeg Remote Display Extender that I bought a few years ago. I am having a problem with it, and I'm wondering if you know what's up.

The problem is:

After it's all installed and connected on the bench with the ribbon cable, power up the player. Display lights up and works, and the correct image picture appears on the VFD display. Player seems to work normally for the most part: it loads up songs and plays them.

However, there are the following things which do not work:
- The buttons and knob do not produce any results. Pressing buttons and turning the knob does nothing.
- The illuminated button kit that I have installed on the display does not illuminate.
- IR input does not work.

All of those things were working immediately prior to the installation of the remote display extender.

Do you have any idea which component or connection I should be checking at this point?

Thanks!

PS: Tried to use the "contact us" form at the Eutronix web site first. The form is currently nonfunctional. It asks for a CAPTCHA, but there is no image for it.

PPS: If anyone else on the board recognizes these symptoms, please let me know if you have any ideas.