Backstory
My brother-in-law John lives with my wife and me. He has cerebral palsy and is mildly autistic. He is probably 80% capable of living on his own, and my wife and I willingly provide the remaining 20%. He is not retarded in the conventional sense, but with his autism his brain works... differently from yours or mine. This difference is most notable in John's inability to handle complexity.

John's world is his 42" television connected via satellite dish. He lives in that world 18 hours a day, and seems to be content there. He is at his complexity limit handling the two remotes (TV set and cable box) for his system, and usually a couple times a month I have to help him restore things when he inadvertently presses a wrong button on one remote or the other.

Dilemma
Thanks to hard work and campaigning by some local businessmen, my little village of Ajijic is about to receive a serious upgrade to our internet service and I will have fiber optic connection all the way to my router. My current connection is supposedly 15 Mbps. On a good day I will see five. Right now I am at 2.56 Mbps. The new company, who are well established in Guadalajara and in the neighboring state of Michoacán, are guaranteeing 24/7 service at 75 Mbps, and if I want to pay 40% more I can have 300 Mbps. The 75Mbps service will cost me slightly less than the 15 Mbps I supposedly have now that is usually 5 Mbps or less.

With this new service I want to cancel John's satellite TV which is substantially more expensive than the upgraded internet service will be, and set him up with streaming TV through a device like the Amazon FireStick or something similar. I don't know for sure, but I suspect a setup like that will be an order of magnitude more complex and totally beyond John's capabilities. Hell, it's probably beyond my capabilities.

The Question
What can I do to make this idea (stop the satellite service, go to internet streaming) workable for John?

tanstaafl.