I'm not sure what the future of empeg is, but it appears to have reletively failed due to its high price. There's no question that it's a high quality player, but is it worth $1500? Maybe so, but how many people are willing to pay that much for an mp3 player? Probably less than empeg would like. So how could you make the empeg more worthy of $1500 without drastically increasing the cost of production? Are any of you empeg guys reading this? The answer is programming. It's free- it only takes time and creativity (assuming you have the knowhow). Some suggestions:

- a GPS or compatibility with a GPS- I see that somebody's already working on one

- able to hook up to a cellphone and log on the internet- check stocks, sports, headlines, etc.

- able to hook up certain electronic gauges for your car such as oil pressure, mpg calculations, rpm's- I don't know how possible (or cheap) this would be.

- a personal organiZer

- Everytime it boots up, have it chime "em-peg" - kind of like when you'd start Sonic the Hedgehog on the Sega and it would chime "Se-ga".

- Have it navigate and drive your car for you- it can't be that hard, can it?