I must be one of the only guys in the US that watches Soccer on Univision, and I don't speak a lick of spanish. 'Course playing fo 16 years may have influenced my opinion a bit. GoooooOOOOOoooool!

I think the hot females that grace the airwaves of Univision are enough to make me not mind the few times they decide show a friggin' soccer game.

More on topic, (well, more related to this off-topic tangent) soccer is definitely a sport that you don't tend to appreciate unless you've played it. I think it's a great sport to play, and I played for several years, but I myself have a tough time appreciating it from a spectator's point of view. I actually *can* watch an indoor soccer game, because there's more action and more scoring.

Here in the U.S. we have a professional indoor soccer league, and the games are much more fast-paced than the world's version of soccer. I think the smaller field, less-confusing rules, and the fact that there are NO TIES make the game much more palatable to American fans. There is NOTHING worse than watching two teams play to a 0-0 or 1-1 tie, regardless of how much suspense, action, whatever there was. A tie is simply an unsatisfying result to a game. I cannot believe soccer hasn't adopted an overtime / shootout system to settle ties. I understand that it sucks to lose a game on shootouts, but it's real nice to win one! How can you celebrate a friggin' tie?!?

Anyway. I know soccer is the world's game and being an American I'll never understand these things. And having seen a few NFL Europe games on TV, it's clear that the rest of the world won't understand American football either. Good thing it's our differences that make us stronger!