Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#102269 - 30/06/2002 07:29 Your opinion please...on hard drives.
revlmwest
addict

Loc: Hartsville, South Carolina for...
My empeg suffered the use of a bad cable. (By the way I greatly enjoyed the Monte Python style remark in the faq) So now my cable is here and I'm ready to fix my empeg.

My question is should I go ahead and install a second drive while I have it open, thereby decreasing the number of times I open the box and my margin for error.

#102270 - 30/06/2002 09:16 Re: Your opinion please...on hard drives. [Re: revlmwest]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
By the way I greatly enjoyed the Monte Python style remark in the faq

Cool, which one?

My question is should I go ahead and install a second drive while I have it open, thereby decreasing the number of times I open the box and my margin for error.

I would. But then again, I've had my player open so many times that I don't even think about it any more.

If you don't have a new disk drive handy "right now this instant", then I would put the new cable in anyhow, and then take my time shopping for a drive.

#102271 - 01/07/2002 03:43 Re: Your opinion please...on hard drives. [Re: tfabris]
pgrzelak
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Greetings!

Indeed. Once you are inside and swap the cable, you will get more at ease working with the unit. Granted, the empeg and hot caffeinated beverages still don't mix (don't ask: no worries, just a close call). But it is very easy to add new drives to the empeg.

Still, as long as it is open and you have the drive tray off, if you have one lying around it would be a good time. If you are in the market for something larger, it can always be added later.