Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#10382 - 30/06/2000 14:24 'Append By Title' reshuffles unit
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
- Beta 11a
- Go to "Now and Next" screen.
- Listen to entire player, shuffled (activate shuffle and press bottom button three times).
- Press "Direct OK" three times to reach "Search by Title".
- Press "CD-MD CH" once to switch to "Append by Title".
- Type in characters to search for a specific song.
- Press DNPP to confirm that song.

Not only does it appear to completely reshuffle, not only is the "searched" song nowhere to be seen on the "Now and Next" screen, not only is the current song interrupted to begin playing a random song from the newly shuffled list, but it plays that random song from a point in the middle somewhere (possibly corresponding to the place you were in the song you were listening to already).

I assume this is due to the new playlist and shuffling code being incompatible with the old "Append by Title" code, so no big deal. Just reporting it like a dutiful beta tester.

Hey, when you do get around to fixing this one, can you have it insert the "searched" song right in there after the current song instead of at the end of the playlist? I think there was a discussion about it on the Wish List recently...

#10383 - 30/06/2000 16:54 Re: 'Append By Title' reshuffles unit [Re: tfabris]
corby
journeyman

Not only does it appear to completely reshuffle, not only is the "searched" song nowhere to be seen on the "Now and Next" screen...

These behaviors should be expected when you append a single song to a very large playlist while in shuffle mode. I agree that the other behaviors are bugs, I'll have to play around with that tonight.

Hey, when you do get around to fixing this one, can you have it insert the "searched" song right in there after the current song instead of at the end of the playlist?

The Search and Append functions are both extremely useful behaviors, and I would hate to see either of them go. What you are looking for, Tony, is a third mode called Insert, which would prepend the selected track(s) before the next item in the playlist. That would rock!

Corby
MK I, SN#320, 6-Gig Blue

#10384 - 30/06/2000 17:14 Re: 'Append By Title' reshuffles unit [Re: corby]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
What you are looking for, Tony, is a third mode called Insert, which would prepend the selected track(s) before the next item in the playlist. That would rock!

Right, I think that's the conclusion we came to when we discussed it in the old thread.