Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#104914 - 13/07/2002 23:17 jEmplode 37
mschrag
pooh-bah

Loc: Richmond, VA
jEmplode 37 is up ... I wanted to put it on the Programming forum first before I post it on General so you guys (and gals) can gineau pig it and find any weirdness ... I included all but about two or three requests from that jEmplode thread. If your request didn't make it this time, it's queued up and I will get to it ... Just a matter of time.

Add Command-X/C/V support for Mac
Mac keybindings should be nicer now

Wendy Filters
pretty much stolen straight out of Emplode

Wendy Flag deletion
you can delete wendy flags too

advanced search for Wendy flags
you can advanced search by wendy flag name. the key is "wendy" and the value looks like "WendyFlag1,WendyFlag2,WendyFlag3". So to search, you would do "wendy contains WendyFlag3"

After editing a tune, the table jumps back to the top of the scrollpane
Not anymore

changing config = dirty PlayerDatabase
changing configuration options is now considered "making the database dirty" (i.e. you get "you need to sync" warnings)

clean up discovery UI (cancel, restart, etc)
you can cancel and restart discovery much more reliably (and much faster -- it used to block till the first finished entirely)

config is cleared on Revert Changes
configuration was not reset on revert

confirmation on Open Database
before opening a new db, you get a sync warning

confirmation on Revert
before reverting, you get a sync warning

Decrease table reloads during updates
there used to be a lot of unnecessary refreshes of the playlist table after certain operations... it's a lot better now (still can do more)

FindEmpeg commandline
run "java -cp jemplode20.jar org.jempeg.empeg.protocol.NetworkEmpegDiscoverer" and it prints out the empeg ip addresses that were found

fix fast connections
fast connections should work a lot better now (they don't lock up on me now) -- turn them in Options

fix structure updates when you add a playlist to a refcount > 1 playlist
if you had two playlists referenced and you added a child playlist to one, it wasn't updating the tree for the other one

Make taxi files not appear as errors to Emplode (added jempeg.allowUnknownTypes)
there is a new Option to "allow unknown types". If you do this, jEmplode will not complain if you drop a non-MP3 file on it. And for those files, Emplode should no longer complain either.

mousewheel (required JDK 1.4)
if you have JDK 1.4 (get it from java.sun.com), you get mousewheel support. 1.4 will be included in the next official installer.

non-stardard tag editor (like a hashtable editor basically)
in the Properties dialog there is a new tab called "Advanced" that lets you have full access to all tags. Edit at your own risk. This works for multiple selections too (add, insert, and delete).

remove missing Hijack warning during autoupdate
if you don't have Hijack installed and you have autoupdate enabled, it shouldn't complain anymore (for Jupiters)

rewrite playlist add/delete and event notification
event propogation through the tree is a lot better ... I'm sure there's still more to do though -- keep your eyes open

save downloaded Hijack kernels
there's a new Option in the options menu that lets you set a directory of where you want Hijack kernels to go. If it's not set, Hijack will downloaded to a temp dir then deleted

support for non-standard tags as columns (added jempeg.tag.tagName.{description,sortClass,typeClass})
all tags are now accessible as columns that you can add to the playlist table (and sort on). It defaults to naming the column the name of the tag and sorting it as a java.lang.String. If you have a new tag called "mytag" and you want it called "My Tag" in the view and it is a number, then you can go into .jempegrc in your home directory and add the following lines:
jempeg.tag.mytag.description=My Tag
jempeg.tag.mytag.sortClass=java.lang.Integer
jempeg.tag.mytag.typeClass=java.lang.Integer
typeClass says what the data type is, and sortClass says how it should be treated during sorting. For instance, Duration get converted into a pretty String but is sorted as a number. Most will be the same.

sync on quit
you now get offered the option to sync when you exit with a dirty database (just like Emplode)

Tony's "Loading ..." that never goes away
if you ran jEmplode before and it never refreshed the playlist tree and just said "Loading...", that should be fixed

#104915 - 14/07/2002 10:29 Re: jEmplode 37 [Re: mschrag]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Wow. Great release. Reading those release notes reminds me of the heady days of reading Emplode release notes. Ah, "mem'ries... like the corners of my mind...."