Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#117078 - 19/09/2002 21:49 tuner installation problem
italianboypauld
new poster

i already posted this message, but i am not sure if it went through correctly. i recently attained an am/fm tuner and have had trouble installing it. i have connected the 8 pin tuner module cord to the corresponding wire located hanging off the harness. i have also plugged the atenna cord into the adapter and plugged that into the tuner module as well. i have set the knob on the module to '0' and loaded the v1.03 car software onto my 30 gig player. Despite all this, the tuner LED light does not activate when the Rio Car boots, and it does not seem to be reading that the tuner is there. I haev set all the appropriate configurations on the player and synchronized it, but i cannot seem to get it to work. i am probably missing some elementary thing, but if you could help me as to how to fix this problem, that would be great.
Thank you

#117079 - 20/09/2002 01:47 Re: tuner installation problem [Re: italianboypauld]
David
addict

Loc: Cambridge
Have you tried without using the short entension cord? There were a few that were mis-wired.

Otherwise, you may just have a faulty tuner. email me.