I have a 330i and my friend installed my Empeg into the dash as a replacement for the BMW Business CD stereo. There are still some problems.
1. The fit is not perfect so it the Empeg juts out a bit from the dash. It's reasonably well minimized, but still there.
2. I did not replace the AMP or speakers and thus require a pre-amp. Most pre-amps suck so I am having it custom fabricated.
3. The SWI-X never worked perfectly for me -- I suspect the device is defective and I will need to return it to Crutchfield. They have a great support department, I highly recommend them despite their sometimes premium pricing.
4. Still waiting on Patrick's tuner module. Sigh.
5. Darkstorm's lenses are not a perfect match. He was nice enough to send me an original lens which is extremely close. I will say, however, that his red is much better than anything else and still worthwhile.
All in all, it's a good install but not perfect. Don't ask me for pictures, I just ordered my digital camera yesterday.