Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#13852 - 13/08/2000 16:27 Audi A4 SF Bay Area Install q's
abrenner
new poster

Loc: Los Altos, CA, USA
Hi.

My 12gig MkII is sitting at US Customs at FedEx in Memphis right now (frustrating), but I should have it by tuesday.

This leads me to two questions:

1. Anyone have recommendations for an installer in the SF Bay Area that has done a good job on an empeg?

2. Anyone install an empeg in an A4? I have the 98.5 Bose Concert stereo. I'm also getting DIN spacers and the proper wiring harness along with the unit, so all that's left is to acquire an amp. Recommendations on amp and any wiring/install experiences with an A4?

Thanks!
Andy.

#13853 - 17/08/2000 08:17 Re: Audi A4 SF Bay Area Install q's [Re: abrenner]
otaku
new poster

Loc: Mountain View, CA
Just received my 12GB Mark 2 unit yesterday.

I am in just about the same situation as you. I have a 98.5 A4, but without the concert stereo.

I'm still figuring out what I'm going to do exactly, but I'm considering having a custom install done by AMS in Mountain View. (a co-worker has had 3 installs done by them over the years and been very satisfied)

Let me know how you end up doing the install.

DB.

#13854 - 17/08/2000 11:44 Re: Audi A4 SF Bay Area Install q's [Re: otaku]
UncleSocks
new poster

Loc: San Francisco, CA
Can you post contact info for AMS? The bad comments about Monney have me reconsidering my choice of installers for my TT.

Kevin
Belmont, CA

#13855 - 18/08/2000 15:13 Re: Audi A4 SF Bay Area Install q's [Re: abrenner]
fek
new poster

Loc: CA
My 18G Mk2 has been sitting in my living room for about a week now, as I work up the nerve (and buy other components) to install it into my '00 A4 (non-bose, 2.8qms). I plan on doing the install myself, with the help of some friends. :)

I'll be installing it above a Blaupunkt Toronto headunit for supplying radio and CD to the aux.
My top candidates for an amp are currently either Cadence or Xtant.
I can post an update when I've made some progress actually installing, if you're interested.

Oh, and if you don't know about it, you might give a glance through the Audio forum on audiworld.com. They've got some FAQs on general Audi installation.