Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#14976 - 23/08/2000 04:37 your music
jstrain
enthusiast

Loc: philadelphia pa
since i have nothing better to do this morning, i thought i'd ask what kind of stuff people are filling their empeg with. for instance, we know that hugo has some pretty poor stuff like hanson, etc. we know that tony has about 10 gig of rush. just curious about everyone else.

i've got...
all the zeppelin albums
alot of early black sabbath
original misfits
all type o negative albums
handel's messiah
lord of the dance
debbie gibson (remedied by the upcoming wendy filter)
alot of misc. stuff
hymns
the who
the entire "eddie murphey: raw" show

anyone else?

jeremy

12 gig, green...

#14977 - 23/08/2000 10:09 Re: your music [Re: jstrain]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
we know that tony has about 10 gig of rush.

Yeah, you got a problem with that?

Actually, you'd be surprised at how eclectic my collection is. And I don't even have all of Rush's catalog on CD or MP3- I own everything after 2112, but not the first three albums.

I do happen to have all of Steve Morse on there, including- get this- one album where I've had the physical CD stolen TWICE in stereo thefts, and the second time I'd already encoded it to MP3 so I just said, "screw it, I'm getting an Empeg", and I didn't replace it a second time.

As to what else is on there, let's see... The biggest collections are Rush, Steve Morse, Tori Amos, They Might Be Giants, Peter Gabriel, Pink Floyd, and Sting.

But the collection's range of styles is quite wide overall. Everything from soft jazz (Pat Metheny- almost elevator music) to industrial (there's a couple of Nine Inch Nails albums on there).

But before you ask: there is not a single N'sync, Britney Spears, or New Kids on the Block song on the hard disk.

#14978 - 23/08/2000 11:47 Re: your music [Re: tfabris]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
I happen to be a fan of early 90's music. No, not a "grunge" fan, more like a fan of bands labeled as "grunge".
At the moment I didn't have alot of time to put stuff on there, but all together I will be putting stuff like:

Screaming Trees* (my favorite band - just broke up)
Mark Lanegan* (of Screaming Trees)
Alice in Chains*
Stone Temple Pilots*
Pearl Jam
Blind Melon*
Beatles (I'm suprised, haven't heard this from anyone else)
Led Zepplin
Pond
Soundgarden*
Nirvana* (17 CD's)
MudHoney
Primus
Dave Matthews Band
...and plenty of others I only have 1 or 2 albums for
(*own all or most of their albums)

Then there's jazz stuff I'm putting on there (no, not soft jazz...jazz ).
Charlie Parker (a GOD!)
John Coltrane
Gerry Mulligan (best bari sax player ever)
Cannonball Aderley
various others

You may wonder "Why Primus and Alic In Chains mixed with Parker and Coltrane?"

Well after all, the liscense plates on my van read SAX MCHN

DiGNAN

#14979 - 23/08/2000 12:10 Re: your music [Re: Dignan]
pgrzelak
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Greetings!

I was doing a lot of ripping while on the registration list. I converted everything I had to MP3, and selected the best tracks from my library. There is the usual stuff, plus some strange items...

From the rock area, there is the usual Led Zeppelin, Rush, Pink Floyd, AC/DC, Moody Blues, Live, Beatles, R.E.M., Phish, Grateful Dead, etc. From a prog side, there is Renaissance, Yes, Marillion, Genesis, King Crimson, etc. A touch of classical (Bach, Vaughan Williams, etc.) and some jazz-like stuff (Brubek, Spyro Gyra, Vince Guaraldi, Manhattan Transfer). Some assorted strangeness thrown in. And, since I am into folk variations, lots of Steeleye Span, Fairport Convention, The Morrigan, Broadside Electric, etc.

For "show and tell" purposes, I have put together a quick reference card with all of the major playlists, groups and their associated PINs. This is more for passenger use for the long term, but it forces me to think through the menu structure in advance.

Paul G.
R# 15189

Edited by pgrzelak on 23/8/00 08:37 PM.

#14980 - 23/08/2000 12:30 Re: your music [Re: pgrzelak]
jbauer
veteran

Loc: San Francisco, CA
Ok, good thread...

Here's some of the music that will go on my empeg... when I get one without Alzheimers...

- David Byrne
- The Cure
- Kate Bush
- Oingo Boingo
- Sting/Police
- Massive Attack
- Belle & Sebastian
- the The
- Bob Marley
- Steely Dan
- REM
- U2
- Big Audio Dynamite
- Shriekback
- Leonard Cohen
- Everything But the Girl
- Morcheeba
- New Order/Monaco/PSB
- Enigma/Deep Forest/Banco de Gaia
- Moby

etc...

- Jon

#14981 - 23/08/2000 13:25 Re: your music [Re: pgrzelak]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

It's funny, there are those who would classify Rush firmly in the "prog" group next to Yes, Genesis, and KC.

#14982 - 23/08/2000 13:34 Re: your music [Re: jstrain]
DWallach
carpal tunnel

My Empeg is going to be largely full of big band swing music, ranging from 1930's and 40's originals (Armstrong, Basie, Goodman, Ellington, etc.), through 50's jump blues (Jordan, Gaillard, etc.) to current swing bands (George Gee, Eddie Reed, Bill Elliott, etc.). I'll also be stirring in a little techno and 80's new wave. That will fill my current 12GB and keep me happy for now. Once I can get one of these 30GB IBM drives, I'll be able to put the rest of my collection in (various 80's and 90's rock).

Amusingly, a sizable chunk of the music I'll be playing on my Empeg will be mono, and on some tracks you can hear the pops and clicks from the 78's they used for source material.

#14983 - 23/08/2000 14:48 Re: your music [Re: jbauer]
GeorgeLSJr
enthusiast

Loc: Sayreville, New Jersey USA
As I began reading this thread, I thought... oh my God... what is everybody going to list? I'm pretty impressed by the variety and diversity shown by people on the list. I probably shouldn't be, since we're all avid music fans, so it's not all that much of a surprise that people enjoy a wide range of music. Anyhow, since I have no shame and don't fear the onslaught of comments, I'll list a few of the groups in the genres I listen to:

AC/DC
Tchaikovsky
Go-Go's
Manowar
Billy Joel
Nena (Any German's out there? Is she still around?)
Starship
Tokens
Steppenwolf
Technotronic
Creedence
No Doubt
Bryan Adams
4 Seasons
Shirelles
Vanessa Mae
Little Richard
Wham
Poison
Kenny G
and tons and tons and tons of soundtracks...

I've got a few MP3's from the Backstreet Boys, Britney Spears, and Michael Jackson, too... and I don't care who has a problem with that! The beats are pretty good. If it doesn't sound great I don't OWN it! But, I'll listen to something that's got a decent beat to it. I just won't spend $18 on a CD for one song. (Not to bring that subject up again...)

George

#14984 - 23/08/2000 15:54 Re: your music [Re: GeorgeLSJr]
tanstaafl.
carpal tunnel

Loc: Ajijic, Mexico
I seem to be in a minority here...

90% of my collection is what's commonly referred to as "classical" (we won't get into the actual definitions of Baroque, Classical, Romantic, Modern, etc. as pertain to "classical" music...)

I have a little bit of Rock music -- all of it Rush. I don't so much like their music as I like their sound -- the superb production (on the remasters) and the incredibly tight performance. I appreciate virtuosity in any genre. If you want to gain a real appreciation of Rush, ask Tony if he'll email you the extraordinary analysis he sent me of the song "YYZ".

I have some music whose sole purpose is to amaze any unfortunates I can drag into my car so I can impress them with my stereo: "Vegas" by Crystal Method (a techno CD) and a "Pure Moods" CD that has unusually rich spectral balance.

And of course my IASCA competition CD.

The rest is odds and ends -- the soundtrack from "Cats", the three Tom Lehrer comedy CDs, "West Side Story" soundtrack, and two CDs from the animated cartoon series "Animaniacs" that exhibit superb production and very clever songs.

Not nearly as eclectic as most collections, but then it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks. (I'll bet I'm the oldest empeg buyer on the bbs -- can anybody top 55 years old?)

tanstaafl.

"There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch"

#14985 - 23/08/2000 16:04 Re: your music [Re: DWallach]
bootsy
enthusiast

Loc: Seattle, WA. USA
DWallach-

I recently ripped my 9 CD Louis Jordan boxset (from the Bear Family) to MP3. Not thinking, I ripped the works at 192k...

Funny how nice it made the pops and hiss sound... :)

#14986 - 23/08/2000 16:05 Re: your music [Re: bootsy]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

What I want to know, Bootsy, is if you have any Bootsy Collins in your collection.

#14987 - 23/08/2000 17:17 Re: your music [Re: tanstaafl.]
GeorgeLSJr
enthusiast

Nothing wrong with classical, that's for sure. That is pure music in an art form! Do you have the Classical Thunder collection from Time Life? Or did you already have the pieces on other CD's? As I said, I was surprised at the diversity, but you've also got that "age" thing going for ya. It's okay, we'll let it slide. At least you aren't a techno-phobe!

George

#14988 - 23/08/2000 17:37 Re: your music [Re: GeorgeLSJr]
tanstaafl.
carpal tunnel

Do you have the Classical Thunder collection from Time Life?

Yes.

Or did you already have the pieces on other CD's?

Yes.

tanstaafl. (for once a man of few words!)

#14989 - 23/08/2000 18:09 Re: your music [Re: tanstaafl.]
jstrain
enthusiast

in addition to my collection of depressingly heavy rock, i too have classical thunder. also a few odds and ends like the 4 seasons, hymns triumphant. of course, the greatest musical accomplishment known to man (neck and neck with stairway) is handel's messiah. that is half on there, b/c the second disc is too scratched to rip.

i also have the smattering of 80's music and hair bands. some beatles, alot of misc. oldies, soon, alot of christmas music (i'm one of those people who listens to christmas music year round), theatre of tragedy, and more junk than i can remember.

btw, am i the only misfits fan on the board? i got at least a couple hundred meg of glenn danzig howling about blood and guts.

jeremy

12 gig, green...

#14990 - 23/08/2000 18:22 Re: your music [Re: jstrain]
tanstaafl.
carpal tunnel

...b/c the second disc is too scratched to rip.

Oh, boy, have I got a deal for you!

Go here and get a bottle of this stuff. It really works. Unless your CD is damaged so badly that the foil itself is damaged, you can fix it.

The repair kit costs about as much as a new CD, and will fix 30 to 50 CDs.

Try it. Highly recommended.

tanstaafl.

#14991 - 23/08/2000 18:25 Re: your music [Re: jstrain]
ShadowMan
addict

Loc: Newfoundland, Canada
John Prine baby... yeah!

#170... I got SN: 080000101 12 gig Blue!

#14992 - 23/08/2000 18:28 Re: your music [Re: GeorgeLSJr]
PaulWay
addict

Loc: Canberra, Australia
Well, I gotta reply to this one...

Josh Abrahams
The Alan Parsons Project
Apollo 440
beXta
Boo Boo & Mace / Itch-E & Scratch-E (same people, different name)
The Cars
Frankie Goes to Hollywood
Peter Gabriel
Icehouse
Jean-Michel Jarre
Juno Reactor
Paul Kelly
Leftfield
Mike Oldfield
Pink Floyd
Quench
Severed Heads
Split Enz
Tangerine Dream
Vangelis
Various artists (Adrenalin 1,3,5,6,8; Carl Cox FACT CDs 1a, 1b, 2a, 2b; DJs Down Under 1-4; Northern Exposure 1a, 1b, 2a, 2b; Trancemaster 4, 7, 17, 22)
Yello

Of course this is only a small sample of what will be on there (e.g. Holst's Planet Suite, Tommy Emmanuel) but it's a good sample.

Save the whales. Feed the hungry. Free the mallocs.

#14993 - 23/08/2000 18:41 Re: your music [Re: tfabris]
bootsy
enthusiast

Loc: Seattle, WA. USA
What I want to know, Bootsy, is if you have any Bootsy Collins in your collection.

Did you mean "any" or "all..." Heh. I'm kind of a freak for the Number One Funketeer.

PS: This is my first ever HTML coding... Fun.

#14994 - 23/08/2000 18:56 Re: your music [Re: jstrain]
GeorgeLSJr
enthusiast

Oh, I've got Danzig sitting here, too. Also Anthrax, Iron Maiden, Jackyl, The Poor and a bunch of techno (Best of Techno Trax) on 2 CD's that have T99, Klangwerk, L.A. Style, 2 Unlimited, Eskimos & Egypt and the like.

George

#14995 - 23/08/2000 20:41 Re: your music [Re: jstrain]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
of course, the greatest musical accomplishment known to man (neck and neck with stairway)

Hells yeah! It really ticked me off when VH1 put "respect" ahead of it in the 100 greatest rock songs.

By the way, tanstaafl, do you have any modern classical on there? I'd hate to think that Cage and Shoenberg are darkening the doorstep of your empeg. I can appreciate some of their musical risks (if you call it music), but I can't stand that stuff. Awful to the ears.

I'm putting some classical on mine as well.

I also have to take this chance to again reccomend the album "Ruby Vroom" by Soul Coughing. It has one of the crispest productions of any CD I own, and the bass is absolutely unbelieveable. Just listen to "Sugar Free Jazz" and you'll hear what starts out nice and quiet, then really grooves with a heavy bass line. It's also all acoustic bass, the best kind in my opinion. Definitely pick up the CD. It's like a mix of jazz and...something.

DiGNAN

#14996 - 23/08/2000 22:44 Re: your music [Re: jstrain]
drakino
carpal tunnel

Might as well take the easy way and pasting the artists field out of my empeg.csv:

A-Ha, Albert Lloyd Olsen, Animaniacs, Apociliptica, B-52's, Beck, Berlin, Big Blue Missile, Billy Joel, Blues Traveler, Blur, Bob Rivers, Braveheart, Bryan Adams, Burt Bacharach & Elvis Costell, Bust-A-Groove, Carl Douglas, Cheers Tvs, Christmas Nights, Christopher Franke, Chumbawamba, Cliff Eidelman, Counting Crows, Credeence Clearwater Revival, Cyndi Lauper, Danny Elfman, Dave Matthews Band, Depeche Mode, Des'ree, Devo, Don Davis, Doobie Brothers, Dr. Demento, Duran Duran, Eagles, Electric Funstuff, Enigma, Enya, Eric Clapton, Eurythmics, Everything But The Girl, Falco, Goo Goo Dolls, Green Day, Holst, Hootie and the Blowfish, Huey Lewis & the News, Jamiroquai, Jeehun Hwang, Jim Croce, Jimmy Buffet, John St. John, John Williams, Journey, Korn, Lenny Kravitz, Limahl, Los Del Rio, Madonna, Martin Page, Melanie G, Men at Work, Michael Kamen, Monty Python, New Order, Nine Inch Nails, Nobuo Uematsu, Oasis, OMC, Peter Gabriel, Phil Collins & Mark Mancina, Pink Floyd, Police, Propellerheads, Queen, Quincy Jones and his Orchestra, R.E.M., Randy Edelman, Ren & Stimpy, RNS Presents, Rob D, Robbie Williams, Robert Miles, Roxette, Rusted Root, Sarah McLachlan, Savage Garden, Seth Jackson, Sheryl Crow, Smash Mouth, Smashing Pumkins, Soft Cell, Sophie B. Hawkins, Spin Doctors, Starship, Sting, Strange Angel, Supernova, Supertramp, Survivor, Taco, The Byrds, The Cranberries, The Firm, The Flaming Lips, The Lucy Nation, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, The Tokens, The Who, They Might Be Giants, Third Eye Blind, Thomas Newman, Tom Petty, Tommy Tutone, Toto, Tracy W. Bush, Trio, U2, UB40, Us 3, Van Morrison, Verve, Village People, Wallflowers, Weird Al Yankovic, Will Smith, Yanni, Yes

Plus many game soundtracks from things like the action pased music in Unreal and Half-Life, to the relaxing sounds of Final Fantasy Symponic CD. Also I had lots of soundtracks from movies and anime loaded. I plan on putting on more techno and upbeat music onto the Mk2 once I get mine, since the 6gb I had in the Mk1 was not enough for all my varities of music tastes. (The game and TMBG alone took at least 50% of the space)

#14997 - 24/08/2000 03:18 Re: your music [Re: jstrain]
Geoff
enthusiast

Loc: Northern Ireland
In reply to:

btw, am i the only misfits fan on the board? i got at least a couple hundred meg of glenn danzig howling about blood and guts.

The Misfits love 'em, but it's all on vinyl, so it's tricky to rip
Also have a few Samhain LPs (again on vinyl, one on CD) and the first 3 Danzig albums (only one on CD I think) I think I prefer all the original Misfits stuff to the Danzig stuff though. Saw Danzig live once, supporting Metallica on the "..And Justice for All" tour if I remember correctly (seems like such a long time ago!)

I used to listen to nothing but heavy metal: Metallica, Anthrax, Venom, all that kind of thing. I guess I've mellowed a bit... but now you've put me in the mind to go out and track down some Misfits stuff on CD!

I must check what I have on the Mk2 (The 4GB of the Mk1 is full, so I have to keep shuffling the contents around) but it includes (in no particular order) the remastered Led Zeppelin stuff, Pink Floyd, Metallica, Moby, Alice in Chains, Bill Hicks, Badly Drawn Boy, Coldplay, Embrace, Babybird, Chris Cornell, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Toploader, Moondog, Bert Jansch, Eels, Kenny Rogers(!), The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy radio series, The Charlatans, The Divine Comedy, The Tea Party, The Chemical Brothers, Mogwai, Orbital, PaulWay(AlephOne & Infinity mix), Robert Miles, Mansun, Mission Impossible 2 soundtrack, South Park movie soundtrack, Radiohead, James, Madonna and a lot of stuff that has just slipped my mind right now...

If I get round to it, I may also rip the 13-CD set of the BBC Radio adaptation of 'The Lord of the Rings' and put it in there too (it's as close as I can get to the joke about the 'Ring Cycle' from the original empeg web site!)

Geoff
---- -------
Got one of the first Mark 2 empegs...

Mk2 Red - was 12GB, now 60GB

#14998 - 24/08/2000 04:27 Re: your music [Re: jstrain]
Scott
stranger

Loc: Connecticut, USA
Here goes...

Every CD from Iron Maiden (Metal)
Every CD from Spyro Gyra (Jazz)
Every CD from The Rippingtons (Jazz)

Then I have playlists set up with songs from the 60's, 70's, 80's catargorized by music type - Disco, Easy Listening, Pop, Rap, etc..
(I'm particularly proud of the "one hit wonder" singles I have from long lost rock groups of the 80's)

The rest is a mix of "best of" singles from the following groups:
AC/DC
Black Sabbath
Motley Crue
Sammy Hagar
Van Halen
King Diamond
Rob Halford
Judas Priest
Rob Zombie
Abba <--- How'd they get here?!?!?

Much to much to completely list!! I have a 10 gigger and I only have 700mb left!

Scott (00342)

#14999 - 24/08/2000 04:52 Re: your music [Re: Dignan]
jstrain
enthusiast

you said it. how could someone vote respect above stairway. its a travesty of justice. when it comes to the rock/pop music genre, i gotta go with stairway to heaven as the greatest song, but all music considered, i am continually blown away by the messiah. i actually have had the chance to see it 3 years running at the philadelphia academy of music. unfortunately the second time i went, they replaced the alto with a contra tenor or something like that. basically a guy sang all the alto solos. i was not impressed to say the least.

jeremy

12 gig, green...

#15000 - 24/08/2000 04:56 Re: your music [Re: drakino]
Big John

Loc: Hants, UK.
Hi,

The 'Village People', I was about to slate you then I remember I have one on vinyl - oops!!

Hey, Monty Python execllent idea, I have some of that on vinyl too and also Derek and Clive (Who the hell you may ask?), would make some humerous alternative material on my daily trek.

Regards,

[color:yellow]_________________________________________John, (MK1 #114-20G, MK2 #15-36G).</font color=yellow>

#15001 - 24/08/2000 04:57 Re: your music [Re: Geoff]
jstrain
enthusiast

i actually just bought the misfits collection 1 cd just to hear what they sounded like, but i liked it so much (i had never really heard anything like it before) that i ended up buying just about all of the cds by the original lineup (i haven't even heard anything off of the last two albums from the 90's).

regarding LOTR, i would love to do that. i just finished reading it for the second or third time, and at this point, i am deep in the middle of the silmarillion. i am just blown away with tolkien's writing.

jeremy

12 gig, green...

#15002 - 24/08/2000 04:59 Re: your music [Re: drakino]
jstrain
enthusiast

is that apocalyptica as in the guys with the cellos? i have both of their cds. i really liked what they did with metallica, although i never knew anyone else that listened to them. also, is bob rivers the twisted christmas guy? i have his version of iron man (i am santa claus) floating around on the empeg somewhere.

jeremy

12 gig, green...

#15003 - 24/08/2000 05:58 Re: your music [Re: jstrain]
Big John

Hi,

You started this... A snap shot of my Empeg from a few months ago...

Alannah Myles, Alison Moyet, B52s, Bad Company, Bangles, Barenaked Ladies, Bee
Gees, Billy Idol, Björk\Debut, Bob Marley & the Wailers, Bob Seger, Bonnie
Tyler Boston, Britney Spears, Bruce Springsteen, Bryan Adams, Bush, Camel,
Captain and Tennille, Carly Simon, Carpenters, Cast, Celine Dion, Chaka Khan,
Cher, Chicago 17, Chris Rea, Christina Aguilera, Christopher Cross, Clannad,
Coolio, Curtis Stigers, Cyndi Lauper, Diana Ross, Dire Straits, Donna Summer,
Earth Wind & Fire, Edgar Winter, Elvis Presley, Emerson Lake & Palmer, Eric
Clapton, Eric Johnson, Eurythmics, Faithless, Family, FatBoy Slim, Fleetwood
Mac, Fluke, Frankie Goes To Hollywood, Fugees, Genesis, George Benson George
Michael, Gloria Estefan, Go West, Gomez, Guns 'N' Roses, Hall & Oates, Herb
Alpert, Hipsway, Hot Chocolate, Howard Jones, Huey Lewis & the News, INXS,
Isley Bothers, Jamiroquai, Janet Jackson, Jean Michel Jarre, Jennifer
Lopez, Jimmy Hendrix, Joan Armatrading, Joe Jackson, Joe Cocker, Jennifer
Warnes, John Miles, Joni Mitchell, Journey, Judy Tzuke, Kate Bush, Kenny
Thomas, Kid Creole and the Coconuts, Kraftwerk, Laura Branigan, Led
Zeppelin, Leftfield, Level 42, Lighthouse Familiy, Linda
Ronstadt, Lionel Richie, Lisa Stansfield, Little Feat, Lynard Skynard, M
People, Madonna, Mariah Carey, Marrillion, Marvin Gaye, Matt Bianco, Meat
Loaf, Melanie C, Micheal Jackson, Mike & the Mechanics, Mike Oldfield,
Moloko, Nat King Cole, Natalie Imbruglia, New Radicals, Nirvana,
Oasis, Otis Redding, Pat Benetar, Paul Weller, Pet Shop Boys, Peter
Frampton, Peter Gabriel, Phil Collins, Pink Floyd, Primal
Scream, Prince, Queen, R.E.M, Randy Newman, Red Hot Chili
Peppers, Reef, REO Speedwagon, Rick Wakeman, Robbie Williams, Robert
Palmer, Roberta Flack, Rush, Sade, Santana, Savage Garden, Seal, Shalamar,
Shania Twain, Sheena Easton, Simply Red, Spandau Ballet, Spiritualized, Steely
Dan, Stereophonics, Steve Miller Band, Steve Winwood, Stevie Nicks, Stevie
Wonder, Sting, Style Council, Suzanne Vega, Tangerine Dream, Ten Sharp,
Terence Trent Darby, The Alan Parsons Project, The Allman Brothers, The
Beatles, The Cardigans, The Chemical Brothers, The Christians, The
Commitments, The Corrs, The Doobie Brothers, The Isley Brothers, The Jam, The
Lightning Seeds, The Police, The Pretenders, The Prodigy, The Seahorses, The
Stranglers, The Tubes, Thin Lizzy, Thomas Dolby, Tina Turner, Tom
Jones, Tom Petty, Tony Remy, T'Pau, Tracy Chapman, Underworld, Verve, Whitney
Houston, Wilson Pickett, Yes, ZZ Top, Sonny Blacks Blues Band, Armand Van
Helden, Basement Jaxx, Roni Size, Danny Tenaglia, Darren Emerson, Dave
Seaman, John Digweed, Nick Warren, Paul Oakenfold, Sasha, Seb
Fontaine, Tony De Vit, Crowded House, John Lee Hooker, Sam Brown, Wilson
Phillips, Frank Sinatra, Stan Getz, Gloria Estefan, Louise

These are some of the main artists and DJ's, it's mainly filled with Dance & Trance compilations.

Regards,

[color:yellow]_________________________________________John, (MK1 #114-20G, MK2 #15-36G).</font color=yellow>

#15004 - 24/08/2000 06:23 Re: your music [Re: tanstaafl.]
Big John

Hi,

I have a little bit of Rock music -- all of it Rush. I don't so much like their music as I like their sound -- the superb production (on the remasters) and the incredibly tight performance. I appreciate virtuosity in any genre. If you want to gain a real appreciation of Rush, ask Tony if he'll email you the extraordinary analysis he sent me of the song "YYZ".

That track **KICKS**, it's always played at 0dBm and makes the car shudder and shake, excellent!

Regards,

#15005 - 24/08/2000 08:10 Re: your music [Re: jstrain]
Squid
stranger

Loc: CA
My EMPEG (when I get it) will have the following loaded first. Yes, I love to have my ears bleed!! ;)

Accept, AC-DC, Acheron, Agathodaimon, Alcatrazz, Amon Amarth, Ancient Ceremony, And Oceans, Angel Witch, Annihilator, Anthrax, Arcturus, Armored Saint, As Divine Grace, Asphyx, At The Gates, Attacker, Bal-Sagoth, Barathrum, Barren Cross, Bathory, Battlezone, Black Sabbath, Blind Guardian, Blitzkrieg, Blue Oyster Cult, Bolt Thrower, Borknagar, Boston, Bruce Dickinson, Burzum, Carnivore, Celtic Frost, Children Of Bodom, Chrome Molly, Cinderella, Cirith Ungol, Covenant, Cradle of Filth, Crimson Glory, Danzig, Dark Angel, Dark Funeral, Dark Throne, Dark Tranquillity, Darkthrone, December Moon, Deep Purple, Def Leppard, Deicide, Demon, Demoniac, Demons & Wizards, Destruction, Diabolos Rising, Diamond Head, Dimmu Borgir, Dio, Dissection, Disturbed, Dokken, Doro, Dragon, Dream Theater, Edge of Sanity, Electric Light Orchestra, Emerald Rain, Enslaved, Enthroned, EZO, Fates Warning, Fifth Angel, Firehouse, Flotsam And Jetsam, Frozen Shadows, Funeral Oration, Gehenna, Graveworm, Grim Reaper, Gwar, Hades, Hammerfall, Heaven, Heavy Load, Heavy Pettin', Hecate Enthroned, Helix, Helloween, Helstar, Iced Earth, Icon, Immortal, In Flames, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Kansas, Keel, Kick Axe, King Diamond, King Kobra, Kingdom Come, KISS, Krokus, Leatherwolf, Lillian Axe, Lionsheart, Loudness, Manowar, Marduk, Megadeth, Memento Mori, Mercyful Fate, Metal Church, Metallica, Michael Schenker Group, Mithotyn, Moonspell, Morgana Lefay, Mortiis, Motley Crue, My Dying Bride, Nasty Savage, Nazareth, Nevermore, Niden Div. 187, Nightwish, Nitro, Nocturnal Rites, Nokturnal Mortum, Novembers Doom, October Tide, Omen, Opeth, Overkill, Ozzy Osbourne, Peccatum, Praying Mantis, Pretty Maids, Prophet, Queen, Queensryche, Quiet Riot, Quiet Riot (with Randy Rhodes), Rainbow, Raised Fist, Ratt, Raven, Riot, Rotting Christ, Rough Cutt, Rush, Samael, Sanctuary, Satan, Satyricon, Savage, Savatage, Saxon, Scorpions, Setherial, Sigh, Slayer, Steelheart, Storm, Stratovarius, Stryper, STYX, Sword, Symphony X, Tank, Testament, The Black, The Sins Of Thy Beloved, Therion, Tiamat, TNT, Tokyo Blade, Tristania, Triumph, Type O Negative, Tyrant, U.D.O., Ulver, Uriah Heep, Vader, Van Halen, Varathron, Virgin Steele, Vixen, W.A.S.P., Warlock, Warrant, Warrior, White Wolf, Whitesnake, Widowmaker, Winter, Witchery, Witchfinder General, Wolfsbane, Y & T, Yngwie Malmsteen

I am a number, not a free man! And that number is fifteen-thousand five-hundred sixty-two.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >