Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#157789 - 29/04/2003 11:10 IR Remote control (non-OEM)
csf

Loc: Charlotte, NC
Anyone have any reccomendations for an aftermarket remote? I'm looking around and thinking that a remote integrated into the shift knob would be very cool. [url-http://www.go2pac.com/products/sk1.htm]Here is one option[/url] except that it doesn't go with the "decor" of a black jeep wrangler and it's wired to an external box - a big pain when my shifter lever is bare for about 8".

Anyone seen a remote control w/ 4-6 buttons that incorporated into a shift knob?

Beyond that, does anyone have any part ideas for a small, self contained remote that I could try and build into a shift knob? Something that I can program the empeg to accept? A small board w/ leads to where buttons and the LED can be wired?

Looking for ideas, any and all brainstorming is accepted. I've also looked a bit at the kenwood steering wheel remote and hacking that apart... how big is it? Small enough to possibly fit into a highly modified knob?

#157790 - 29/04/2003 15:15 Re: IR Remote control (non-OEM) [Re: csf]
mtempsch
pooh-bah

Loc: Gothenburg, Sweden
I've also looked a bit at the kenwood steering wheel remote and hacking that apart... how big is it? Small enough to possibly fit into a highly modified knob?

Approx. 42x31x13 mm (divide by 25.4 for inches) 13 mm is "thickness" w/o the buttons. Measurements w/o the LED which is in a separate enclosure at the end of a 20 cm (divide by 2.54 for inches) wire. If you can place the battery elsewhere you can, at least, halve the thickness.

/Michael