Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#161 - 19/07/1999 19:59 Suggestion to PaulH
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
Hey how about a new forum dedicated to peoples' reviews of the Empeg as they receive their units? So people can see the opinions of who have gotten their Empeg without wading through other posts. A one-stop place to see the good bad and ugly straight from Empeg users...

#162 - 20/07/1999 01:15 Re: Suggestion to PaulH [Re: tonyc]
PaulH
enthusiast

Loc: England
Done :-) Lets just hope we get some units shipping soon and
therefore some reviews!

Any other suggestions to additions to the BBS/Site are
welcome. Once things start hotting up I was thinking
of adding a list of empeg related projects people are
working on, and also a list of car models they are
installed in.

Cheers

Paul

#163 - 20/07/1999 05:01 Re: Suggestion to PaulH [Re: PaulH]
Festus
new poster

Loc: Mass, USA
Along the same lines as the reviews and list of installed vehicles, perhaps folks could put up installation notes and such. For instance, what they think might be the best way to put the unit in X or Y vehicle, or any custom modifications/changes they had to make to make the unit work/fit correctly in their vehicle. Also, what amplifiers might people be using, recommended power levels or wiring options, etc? Once they start shipping, I think that a installation knowledge base could be extremely useful not just to us but to the empeg folks as well. We get the experience of those who received units before us, and hugo and co. can address issues or make changes to the package if any are necessary.

Festus

#164 - 20/07/1999 05:39 Re: Suggestion to PaulH [Re: Festus]
Jim H
new poster

Loc: UK
Good suggestion. Some form of knowledge base is certainly going to speed up installation for those of us who are a long way down the waiting list!

I hope the empeg guys can find the time to contribute some info from their beta testers' installations too.

Jim.

#165 - 20/07/1999 10:00 Re: Suggestion to PaulH [Re: Jim H]
altman
carpal tunnel

Loc: Palo Alto, CA
I'll try and get some info on the installations up on the new board - maybe an installations board would be a good idea to keep that sort of stuff separate?

Hugo

#166 - 21/07/1999 01:08 Re: Suggestion to PaulH [Re: altman]
PaulH
enthusiast

Loc: England
Okay I've now added a few more boards and hopefully this will
cover most of the required topics!

Cheers

Paul

#167 - 21/07/1999 08:13 Re: Suggestion to PaulH [Re: PaulH]
dionysus
veteran

Loc: San Francisco, CA
Hey Paul,
Is there a way in the "subscription service" to send all forums as one lump sum, instead of multiple emails? Can get annoying getting 6 emails/day from it, but would be handy if it could bundle those emails...
-mark