Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#175402 - 15/08/2003 14:33 Works docks up for grabs..
mlord
carpal tunnel

Loc: Canada
Hi All.

Rather than me trying to guess who in the (rather short at this point) dock queue (a) is not away on holiday, and (b) has the necessary funds..

I have a number of unclaimed "Works" docks on hand, which can be completed (the wiring installed) and mailed out within a day or two of payment.

If you are in the Home Docks queue (link at top of this page), and are reading this, then please email me (to confirm availability), and I will then send you payment instructions so you can receive your dock sooner rather than later.

So.. if you're in the queue and want your dock, email me ( [email protected] ).

If you are not currently in the queue but want a dock (or docks), then email me (same address) and I'll add you to the queue. If enough people don't respond to this posting, you could get a dock sooner than expected..

Thanks!

#175403 - 18/08/2003 16:21 Only 11 docks remain, 5 spoken for [Re: mlord]
mlord
carpal tunnel

Well, it feels strange, but SWMBO has assembled the final docks from the current bulk batch, and cleared the electronics from her desktop for the first time since February!

We have only eleven (11) docks remaining now, and five of those are of "the cheque is in the mail" variety. This leaves six docks as yet unclaimed.

If you are in the queue, please check your queue status at http://rtr.ca/docks/ and if you see notified in your queue entry, then I am waiting for money from you.

In two weeks time, I will likely discard the queue, and open up a free-for-all on any docks that remain.

Cheers

Attachments
174462-18aug.jpg (99 downloads)

#175404 - 19/08/2003 17:26 Dock recieved, Thanks Mark! [Re: mlord]
johnmcd3
enthusiast

Loc: Seattle, WA (formerly Houston,...
Mark,

I wanted to let you know that I recieved my Dock today and I think it is terrific! The craftmanship is excellent and it really consolidates the mess of cables I've had to deal with in the past.

I really appreciate all the hard work you put into it-- we're so lucky to have someone like you in the coummunity.

Thanks!

John

#175405 - 20/08/2003 07:25 Please read payment instructions carefully!! [Re: mlord]
mlord
carpal tunnel

Well, I really don't know what to do.

The people attempting to pay for docks from outside of North America are still experiencing a near 100% failure rate in sending credit-card payments to me.

The instructions are extremely explicit on what to do, yet only people living in the USA seem to get it right for the most part. Which I find really peculiar!

So.. perhaps I should just add 3% to the pricelist, and tell everyone to use the same paypal destination. That's really what PayPal Inc. wants anyway.

????

PLEASE READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY!

All payments should be made in Canadian Dollars:

http://rtr.ca/docks/pricing.html

Your total consists of the dock(s), plus S&H
(plus 3% if paying by credit-card, see below):

CAD$190 -- Cool, with fan.
CAD$220 -- Works, with fan and serial port.

The USA/Canada power supplies are no longer available.

Shipping and Handling costs (S&H) -- select one of these:

CAD$18 -- Expedited Parcel to USA (14 days), per dock.
CAD$26 -- Express mail to USA (3-5 days), per dock.
CAD$37 -- Overseas airmail (U.K. included) (7-14 days), for one dock.
CAD$67 -- Express mail to U.K. (3-5 days),for up to two docks.

When using a credit-card to fund the payment within PayPal,
please add 3% to cover their surcharges, and send to [email protected]
instead (this account is already set up for credit-card transactions).

If paying from a PayPal *balance*, or a bank balance via PayPal,
send the total amount due (in Canadian currency CAD$) to [email protected]
along with your current mailing address and preferred shipment method.

CREDIT-CARD payments only: [email protected]
CREDIT-CARD payments only: [email protected]

Non credit-card payments: [email protected]
Non credit-card payments: [email protected]

Once paid for, your docks will be completed and mailed out
as soon as possible, usually within a week or two.

#175406 - 20/08/2003 07:28 Re: Please read payment instructions carefully!! [Re: mlord]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
Maybe you should set up [email protected] and [email protected]. That way, people will notice that they're paying CashMoney with a credit card and think twice about it. Even though it'd be a misnomer.

#175407 - 20/08/2003 07:46 Re: Please read payment instructions carefully!! [Re: wfaulk]
mlord
carpal tunnel

They make it really difficult to rearrange accounts -- need all new numbers and all.

But someone has suggested that the "USA" vs. "non-USA" is the clue -- they probably format their pages differently for "international" users, and probably deliberately obscure the details slightly. Which makes it harder to get right, esp. if one doesn't speak "american" as their native language.

So.. what to do.. what to do..

#175408 - 20/08/2003 22:15 Re: Works docks up for grabs.. [Re: mlord]
elvis
enthusiast

Loc: Arizona USA
I recieved my dock on Monday. I have to say it's EXCELLENT. If I had the $$$ I'd buy another, but at the moment I'm paying for new rims for my car.

#175409 - 21/08/2003 07:40 Re: Works docks up for grabs.. [Re: elvis]
Chuck

In reply to:

...at the moment I'm paying for new rims for my car

Bicycles have rims, cars have wheels.

#175410 - 21/08/2003 08:05 Re: Works docks up for grabs.. [Re: Chuck]
mlord
carpal tunnel

Bikes also have wheels, which consist of tyres on rims.

Ditto for cars.

Wheel
circular frame or disc arranged to revolve on axle and used to facilitate motion of vehicle or for various mechanical purposes..

Cheers

#175411 - 21/08/2003 08:16 Re: Works docks up for grabs.. [Re: mlord]
peter
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge, England
Bikes also have wheels, which consist of tyres on rims.

Ditto for cars.
Far be it from me to start a pedantry flamewar, on the Empeg BBS of all places, but I think Chuck's point was that bicycle wheels usually consist of (theoretically) separately-replaceable rims, spokes, and hubs, whereas car wheels are usually one-piece. However, exceptions do exist on both sides. And personally, I'd not count tyres as being part of the wheel -- but then Zen And The Art Of Bicycle Maintenance reminds us that the bicycle is One and any division of it is a human construction anyway...

Peter

#175412 - 21/08/2003 08:50 Re: Works docks up for grabs.. [Re: peter]
pgrzelak
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Zen And The Art Of Motorcycle Maintenance

Thank you!!! Very cool book... I have to dig that up again - I haven't read that for years...

#175413 - 21/08/2003 11:16 Re: Works docks up for grabs.. [Re: pgrzelak]
julf
veteran

Loc: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Zen And The Art Of Motorcycle Maintenance

Thank you!!! Very cool book... I have to dig that up again - I haven't read that for years...

Probably on the "books that changed my life" list of quite a few of us...
What other ones?

#175414 - 21/08/2003 11:19 Re: Works docks up for grabs.. [Re: peter]
julf
veteran

Loc: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
I think Chuck's point was that bicycle wheels usually consist of (theoretically) separately-replaceable rims, spokes, and hubs, whereas car wheels are usually one-piece. However, exceptions do exist on both sides

Well, some of us have cars that have rims, spokes and hubs
But some of us also have cars where the wheel consists of separate, bolted-together parts - I think that's true for trucks as well.