Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#177315 - 29/08/2003 07:41 JEmplode feature request
paulj
stranger

Loc: Austin, TX
Two feature requests for Jemplode:

1) Numeric sort flag. Currently if you soft by track, you get alpha order instead of numeric order so track 10 is between tracks 1 and 2

2) Sort by one thing, display another. I'd like to sort by a tag layer without *displaying* that tag layer. So under a normal artist layer I want a layer that displays album but sorts by year. And under that layer I want a layer that displays track name but sorts by track number. Or is there a way to do this that I'm just missing?

--pj

#177316 - 29/08/2003 08:55 Re: JEmplode feature request [Re: paulj]
mschrag
pooh-bah

Loc: Richmond, VA
1) Hmm .. really? I thought I set the data type to Integer. crap.

2) We're much closer to this in the unreleased version ... Actually if you notice, soup playlists don't have any properties set except title. To support some UI features of RMM for the Karma I had to add in support for copying the other properties over too -- so now soups actually have values for artist, album, year, etc (they take the value of the first entry that causes the soup to be made, so if you have an album that has tunes with different years in them, the first one is the one that gets displayed on the soup). So the second part is still not quite there, which is autosorting a soup by a field other than title ... This is coming. I've been slowly working this into the API's, but it's just a bit of a cancerous change because soups are kind of complicated and built on a lot of more generic things (for instance, soups are built on the generic concept of a container, which currently doesn't have the concept of sorting on "tags" -- it seemed OK to require that things have names, but requiring them to have arbitrary sets of properties seemed dirty ... i sort of bit the bullet and put it in anyway for now).

ms

#177317 - 29/08/2003 09:18 Re: JEmplode feature request [Re: mschrag]
TedP

Loc: South Bay, CA: USA
Glad to see the Jemplode is still being worked on