Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#184531 - 14/10/2003 17:26 Karma keeps Pausing, Frustrated!!!!
booey

My first flight with the Karma, woohoo!! all ready to get this thing going, and guess what happens! while scrolling thru the settings, i accidentally selected "Bookmarks" , and BOOM the thing froze up solid. hourglass just sittin there frozen, backlight on, and everything. Took me like an hour before i could find something on the plane small enough to fit inside that little hole, and it drained like 10% of the battery too, finally found a staple that was barely strong enough to reset the unit. Still dunno why it locked up like that in the first place, but ok.. it happens i guess.. so then i get it rebooted, and now the dam thing keeps pausing itself in the middle of random songs!! songs that played fine the other day too. In the middle of the song it would just forward to the next track and pause itself, soo dam frustrating! after about 45 minutes of that, i got out the tiny staple and reset the device again, and it seemed to have cleared up the issue.. .. Ok anyone seen this pausing issue yet? and maybe i didnt read the manual good enough, but it totally freezes everytime i select bookmarks.. im also running v 1.11 firmware
b

#184532 - 15/10/2003 04:21 Re: Karma keeps Pausing, Frustrated!!!! [Re: booey]
pgrzelak
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Sorry. I wasn't paying attention...

This is something that has been seen on occasion, but has been harder to reproduce. It is a known issue, and they are trying to stomp on it.