Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#189537 - 14/11/2003 17:40 RMM for secure ripping instead of EAC?
adavidw
addict

Loc: Utah, USA
In the CD Copy options of RMM, there are options for things like number of retries. I'm wondering if this means it's doing some sort of secure ripping like EAC, where it reads twice and keeps reading if the two samples don't match. Or, could this just mean that if the drive throws an error, you set how many times you want to retry before giving up on the track.

So, assuming I don't use any of the other features of EAC besides a setup to get a secure rip, could I dump that and go to the faster and easier to use RMM? Assuming the answer to that is yes, is there any other reason to stick with EAC, like RMM doesn't rip correctly for gapless vorbis files or something like that?

#189538 - 14/11/2003 21:21 Re: RMM for secure ripping instead of EAC? [Re: adavidw]
DeadFire
addict

I would think that any CD ripper, regardless of features, that rips faster than EAC, cannot guarantee a perfect copy as well as EAC can. I for one am concerned only with quality. And since I have the bulk of my small CD collection already ripped, I don't mind the wait. I much rather enjoy the comfort of knowing that no sudden random extremely loud static-like noise is going to destroy my car speakers when I'm listening at high volume. But that's just my opinion.

The only thing I can really tell you is to give it a try. If you run into problems, or even if you don't, you'll find your answer.