Short story: my car was stolen and with it went all my stereo components except for the empeg itself.

Looking for a new car right now and also looking at what to do about an install.

I'm thinking of the following:

Amplifier: JL Audio 500/5 (100x2 front, 25x2 rear, 250x1 sub)
Speakers: front: JL Audio VR525-CSi (5.25" mid and .75" tweeters - with cross-overs ), rear: XR400-CX (4" coaxials - with cross-overs)
Sub: JL Audio CS210RG-W0 (or previous model CS210R-W0) - 2x10" W0 woofers in sealed box

If I get the car I'm thinking about, this will be a simpler install than my older one in he Integra GSR. I'll probably be using factory wiring for the in-car speakers as well as for line-level from the empeg to the amp. Have to find out about the remote wire, but I know I have to run a big 4ga power wire from battery to trunk. The rest is to install the speakers in factory locations (no cutting for any components so returning to stock should be very simple). If there are any noise issues I will then think about running my own interconnects (which I would likely make from Cat5e ethernet cable again - though the factory wiring is also supposed to be twisted pair, hopefully unshielded)

The things I'm not looking forward to: finding all the equipment at good prices, trying to install in the cold and lastly, first having to shop for the bloody new car. Oh well. Still waiting to find out what the insurance settlement will be.

Bruno