Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#193699 - 16/12/2003 00:22 Year and Comment tags not always importing
loren
carpal tunnel

Loc: SLC, UT, USA
This is weird and it's driving me nuts. I'm using v2.0 final and the latest hijack. I'm reloading my player from scrap in huge chunks, and seemingly randomly, some entire albums will not load the year and comment that are most definitely present in their ID3v2 tags. They all have only ID3v2 tags, no v1, and are all properly tagged according to MP3 Tag Studio. I can't find a pattern. Under some artists it's random albums, others, every album, but it's always an entire album, and not random tracks within the album.

Anyone ever seen this problem? Search didn't turn up anything.

Now that i think about it, i can't recall if i uploaded these with jEmplode or Emplode. I'm switching back and forth. I'll verify it if it happens on the batch i'm doing now with jEmplode.

#193700 - 16/12/2003 01:02 Re: Year and Comment tags not always importing [Re: loren]
loren
carpal tunnel

Alright... i figured out one common thread. All of the ones that aren't importing are files i got from e-music before i canceled. They've all since been added to or retagged with MP3 Tag Studio. I've yet to find one album from e-music that imported the year and comments correctly. VERY strange. MP3TS reports them all as okay.

EDIT: Okay, just did a test. Apparently this is an emplode only problem. I imported two tracks that previously didn't work, once in emplode, then in another playlist in jEmplode. Worked fine in jEmplode, emplode didn't.

So, it looks like the files that didn't work, all have VBR Header problems i never noticed. In MP3 Tag Studio, if i select an mp3 with the problem, the Length and Frames numbers are in Red. Once i fix the header, no red. Either way, fixed or not, emplode still won't read the year and comment.

Welp, this sucks. Looks like i'm going to just start over again using only jEmplode. Fun.

#193701 - 16/12/2003 04:59 Re: Year and Comment tags not always importing [Re: loren]
peter
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge, England
Either way, fixed or not, emplode still won't read the year and comment.
Right, let's have it then. Could you email a track that doesn't work to my [email protected] address? That goes double if Rio Music Manager doesn't get it right either...

Ta,
Peter

#193702 - 16/12/2003 09:15 Re: Year and Comment tags not always importing [Re: loren]
mschrag
pooh-bah

Loc: Richmond, VA
This is very strange given that in jEmplode 47, the mp3 tag parser is a direct port of the Empeg 3.0 tag parser ...

#193703 - 16/12/2003 09:17 Re: Year and Comment tags not always importing [Re: mschrag]
mschrag
pooh-bah

Loc: Richmond, VA
Oh wait -- you're using Emplode 2.0 ... So I would think that the odds are that this is fixed in RMM/Emplode 3.0 since that would coincide with jEmplode 47's version.

#193704 - 16/12/2003 12:32 Re: Year and Comment tags not always importing [Re: peter]
loren
carpal tunnel

I'll send it tonight when i get home. Thanks guys.

#193705 - 17/12/2003 11:24 Re: Year and Comment tags not always importing [Re: loren]
peter
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge, England
I'll send it tonight when i get home. Thanks guys.
Ah, yes, this is a bug that was fixed ages ago, whereby our tag-reading library wouldn't correctly skip large ID3v2.3 tag fields (with non-unsynchronised frame sizes). Rio Music Manager imports the file fine, and the Emplode v3 alpha (if we released one) would too.

Edit: The long field in question is the 370-character copyright message ("...protected by United States copyright law and by international treaties..."), which I guess is where the Emusic link comes in...

Thanks,
Peter

#193706 - 17/12/2003 12:43 Re: Year and Comment tags not always importing [Re: peter]
loren
carpal tunnel

Ahhh! Wow, i'd never even seen that copyright tag. I gotta see if i can get rid of that with MP3 Tag Studio. Thanks for the heads up, i'd have never seen that otherwise.