Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#195839 - 06/01/2004 12:44 Re: Another one bites the dust. [Re: KungFuCow]
rtundo
addict

Loc: Albany, NY
Another thing you might try is your consumer protection from your credit card company. If you purchased by credit card you have certain protections. If they feel the circumstances warrant it, they will credit your card with the original purchase amount and bill the company. The company will then have to show good proof why you should have to honor the purchase. I did this once and the credit card agent was very good AND very helpful. (Worked out in my favor.)

#195840 - 06/01/2004 15:39 Re: Another one bites the dust. [Re: rob]
DLF
addict

Loc: Colorado, N.A.
I now have a useless digital camcorder thanks to Frys and their total lack of customer service after 30 days (combined with Panasonic failing to provide an international warranty with their products).
Uh-oh. I got a SV-AV100 SD Camcorder for Christmas. Please tell me yours wasn't that model, Rob...

#195841 - 06/01/2004 17:28 Re: Another one bites the dust. [Re: DLF]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
I got a SV-AV100 SD Camcorder for Christmas. Please tell me yours wasn't that model, Rob

No, mine is a DV203D. The apperture control (or whatever stops cameras saturating in bright light these days) stopped working about 10 minutes before the last ever Concorde landing *doh*

Rob

#195842 - 07/01/2004 20:46 Re: Another one bites the dust. [Re: KungFuCow]
KungFuCow
enthusiast

And the fun just keeps on coming.

Yesterday I get an email from DNNA saying that my Karma had been shipped. Unfortunately the tracking number does not (Even now, and its been longer than 24 hours) show up on Rio's RMA page. The email says it may take "up to 24 hours." In typical Rio fashion, it still isn't there.

On top of that, assuming the replacement units ship from the same place the defective units go to, I should have had the replacement today if it truly was shipped yesterday. The replacement unit did not come.

As someone who has a whole house full of DNNA products, this whole RMA experience with the Karma is souring me off of them quickly. When my Replays and other DNNA products needs replacing, I will be looking at alternates. It's a shame because they make nice products but they just can't seem to get the customer service end of things down. Sonic Blue couldn't and it seems to just keep plaguing whoever owns the Rio and Replay product lines.

#195843 - 08/01/2004 05:30 Re: Another one bites the dust. [Re: KungFuCow]
JeffS
carpal tunnel

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Not that this matters at all for your situation, apparently they weren't shipping ANY Karma's until this week. I ordered one for my wife (for Christmas) and it just now shipped. I was told on the phone that the reason for the delay was that "no one was in because of the holiday's". It was a little irritating to hear this, but I suppose I knew it was backordered when I bought it. I really just didn't expect it to take a month.

The only reason I say all this is I'll bet everything would have been much snappier had it not been during the holiday season that you had your issues. Not that that really makes it better or is a good excuse. Just an observation.

#195844 - 08/01/2004 12:27 Re: Another one bites the dust. [Re: JeffS]
KungFuCow
enthusiast

Well, shipping was closed on Xmas and New Years however keep in mind that my ordeal started all the way back on the 9th of December and even then they had no units. So unless the holiday season drained their inventory due to sales (Which would be great for them, bad for me) I can't see that being an issue.

On a side note, my replacement unit's tracking number is finally working. Interesting how defective units go to Irving, Texas and replacement units come from Tempe, AZ.

#195845 - 08/01/2004 12:58 Re: Another one bites the dust. [Re: KungFuCow]
RobotCaleb
pooh-bah

Loc: Austin
oooh, tempe. if mine ever breaks down, thats a 20 minute drive

#195846 - 08/01/2004 14:07 Re: Another one bites the dust. [Re: KungFuCow]
JeffS
carpal tunnel

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Well, shipping was closed on Xmas and New Years however keep in mind that my ordeal started all the way back on the 9th of December and even then they had no units.
I ordered mine on the 17th, which is only a week later. I think they were pretty much out of stock throughout December.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2