Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#214936 - 29/04/2004 09:08 Need advice on pricing my soon to be sold empeg.
Flawed
stranger

I have an extra empeg I'm about to sell. It's an mk2a. It's never been installed. Has everything that came in the box included. I'm actually sending it to Stu at Eutronix this afternoon to have it repaired. The guy I bought it from said he realized that he'd have to cut some support in his dash when he went to install it so he shelved it. When he pulled it out to sell it, he was getting some errors. Apparently there's a chip (CS4231A) that needs to be replaced.

So since it's never been used but has been repaired, I'm not sure how that would impact pricing the unit. Also, I have a couple extra hard drives that I'm not sure whether or not I should install before selling the unit. It has 1 10GB right now. I have a 40GB IBM and a 40GB Hitachi that I could install. Just not sure if I could get my money out of doing so. They're sitting idle right now.

Suggestions? Offers? I should have the unit back in a week or so according to Stu but if somebody wants to pay me for it now, that's fine!

Thanks for any help and advice.

#214937 - 29/04/2004 22:31 Re: Need advice on pricing my soon to be sold empeg. [Re: Flawed]
FireFox31
pooh-bah

Loc: East Coast, USA
Hm, I'd say about $250 to $300 for a 10gig used MK2a that had some problems. I have this number of $350 in the back of my mind as a base price for empegs, so I deducted a bit for wear and potential for further problems because of the chip failure.

But I could be totally wrong. And yes, I think the 80 gig would drive the price up. If you have no need for those two drives, why not put them in. Or, better yet, set three prices. Price it for 10gig, 40gig, and 80gig (skipping 50gig because that's a little silly). Configurable to the buyer's taste, now THAT"S nice. To price it with HDD's, just take the current HDD price and add it to the total, subtracting a tad because they are used.

::shrugs:: I don't know, $350 base is just my hunch. I'm a little rusty on pricing.

#214938 - 29/04/2004 22:47 Re: Need advice on pricing my soon to be sold empeg. [Re: Flawed]
lockuplever
enthusiast

Loc: Tucson, AZ
If Stu fixes the problem it should be as good as new. I agree with FireFox31 with the "different price for different drives" option, however I would start more in the $425 to $450 range and work my up for the larger drives. It has been awhile since I have sold any of my MKIIa's, but that's what I would do.

#214939 - 03/05/2004 13:17 Re: Need advice on pricing my soon to be sold empeg. [Re: Flawed]
deadsled13
journeyman

Loc: NC
I might buy one of the drives...how much for one?

MK2a 250gig #030102295