Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#217229 - 27/05/2004 14:45 Re: A few basic questions from a brand new RioCar guy. [Re: merc]
pgrzelak
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Is hijack loaded?

#217230 - 27/05/2004 14:48 Re: A few basic questions from a brand new RioCar guy. [Re: pgrzelak]
merc
stranger

No, I haven't loaded Hijack yet.

#217231 - 27/05/2004 14:54 Re: A few basic questions from a brand new RioCar guy. [Re: merc]
JBjorgen
carpal tunnel

Loc: Columbus, OH
Easiest way to load Hijack: Get the latest hijack image. Download Empeg Logo Editor. Open it and then go to File...Kernel Flash Utility. Select the hijack image file you downloaded and flash it.

#217232 - 27/05/2004 15:25 Re: A few basic questions from a brand new RioCar guy. [Re: JBjorgen]
merc
stranger

Thanks for the advice on the easiest way to install Hijack.

I also have a new red lens, which matches my car's dash instruments and Head Unit, and also matches my home's pre/pro LED, on the way from Bruce. So, I'm sure I'll have some questions when that arrives and I try to follow the FAQ on changing lenses.

The last thing for today(maybe?:)) is how to make a custom logo for the RioCar. I looked through the ones already made, and not one was for my car. Ideally, I'd like to make an animated logo of a rotorary engine spinning on the left side with an RX7 script that leans forward with contrails coming off of the badk side. How can I go about making a custom logo for the RioCar?

Of course, as usual, I do a search on this forum and re-look at the FAQ too.

Thanks again!

Edited by merc (27/05/2004 15:26)

#217233 - 27/05/2004 15:31 Re: A few basic questions from a brand new RioCar guy. [Re: merc]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
There's no FAQ on changing lenses, you just need a 2.5mm hex wrench and you need to be gentle. Those bolts should only be finger-tight. If you cinch them down you'll crack faceplate or worse, crack the non-replaceable fascia part.

Creating animated logos is outlined here. Note this only covers the tools, can't help you with the part that involves having artistic talent.

#217234 - 27/05/2004 16:08 Re: A few basic questions from a brand new RioCar guy. [Re: merc]
schofiel
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wareham, Dorset, UK
No fear.

Go to www.empeg.com. Look for the support section. Downloads. Download the Mk2 disk builder image. Download the latest version of the player firmware (V2).

Also download the latest (V2) emplode software.

Remove any older versions of emplode from your PC. Install the new version.

Connect the player to your PC with the female - female serial 9 pin cable. Start the Upgrader utility (not emplode) that was installed at the same time as emplode. You can find this under the same menu as emplode from the Start button. Point it at the Disk builder firmware image you downloaded, and flash the player with this. Allow the format to complete (if you have two disks, you are in for some fun and will have to follow the FAQ. It is not difficult, just time consuming). When the format is complete, kill the upgrader and start it again. Point it at the V2 firmware image, and flash the player with that.

That should get the player into good order: you then need to connect over USB to set up the "new" player and then start downloading.
One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015

#217235 - 28/05/2004 01:48 Re: A few basic questions from a brand new RioCar guy. [Re: tfabris]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Loc: London, UK
Those bolts should only be finger-tight.

Be aware that they've probably currently got thread-lock on them. No biggy, but they're a little harder to undo.

The other reason that you don't want to over-tighten them when puttng the new face on is that it'll prevent the buttons from working right if the face pushes against them.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2