Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#220129 - 24/06/2001 00:56 Re: Any Progress On The New Version Of The Software [Re: peter]
phaigh
addict

Loc: Reading, UK
Actually, there are *lots* of SQL standards.

The one banded around most is SQL92 - and MS SQL Server is probably the DB which supports it closest (they make a big deal about it), but I can't think of a single DB that supports the full SQL92 standard.

Don't even get me started on the later SQL standards (96 is the latest, I think).

For a start, even MS SQL Server only sort of supports the INFORMATION_SCHEMA user and the various views/etc which go with that.

On top of that, what you say is true - each DB has it's own extensions on top of the SQL standards - functions, packages, aggregation, etc. There is a massive list of additional options - and everyone says their implementation is the best.

Cheers,

Paul.

--
RioReceiver - Still Waiting for one in the UK.

#220130 - 24/06/2001 04:04 Re: Any Progress On The New Version Of The Software [Re: tfabris]
fvgestel
old hand

Loc: Netherlands
let's test with [ laugh ] :
this is gonna be a very long line which is quite longer than any line you will probably have seen before, just to test my theorythis is gonna be a very long line which is quite longer than any line you will probably have seen before, just to test my theorythis is gonna be a very long line which is quite longer than any line you will probably have seen before, just to test my theorythis is gonna be a very long line which is quite longer than any line you will probably have seen before, just to test my theorythis is gonna be a very long line which is quite longer than any line you will probably have seen before, just to test my theorythis is gonna be a very long line which is quite longer than any line you will probably have seen before, just to test my theorythis is gonna be a very long line which is quite longer than any line you will probably have seen before, just to test my theorythis is gonna be a very long line which is quite longer than any line you will probably have seen before, just to test my theorythis is gonna be a very long line which is quite longer than any line you will probably have seen before, just to test my theorythis is gonna be a very long line which is quite longer than any line you will probably have seen before, just to test my theorythis is gonna be a very long line which is quite longer than any line you will probably have seen before, just to test my theorythis is gonna be a very long line which is quite longer than any line you will probably have seen before, just to test my theorythis is gonna be a very long line which is quite longer than any line you will probably have seen before, just to test my theory that a post with a long line is going to be breaking up using BR tags in the BBS's own markup language and test again yesyesokok

this is gonna be a very long line which is quite longer than any line you will probably have seen before, just to test my theary that a post with a long line is going to be breaking up using BR tags in the BBS's own markup language

this is gonna be a very long line which is quite longer than any line you will probably have seen before, just to test my theary that a post with a long line is going to be breaking up using BR tags in the BBS's own markup language

this is gonna be a very long line which is quite longer than any line you will probably have seen before, just to test my theary that a post with a long line is going to be breaking up using BR tags in the BBS's own markup language [la

this is gonna be a very long line which is quite longer than any line you will probably have seen before, just to test my theary that a post with a long line is going to be breaking up using BR tags in the BBS's own markup language [la

Now I've edited it and added this line
Now I've edited with IE5

Frank van Gestel

Edited by fvgestel on 24/06/01 12:11 PM.

#220131 - 24/06/2001 04:14 Re: Any Progress On The New Version Of The Software [Re: fvgestel]
fvgestel
old hand

I cannot reconstruct the behaviour. As you saw in the first post, all lines got broken up at about 60 characters. Now the lines stay long. Very strange...

Frank van Gestel

#220132 - 24/06/2001 04:22 Re: Any Progress On The New Version Of The Software [Re: fvgestel]
fvgestel
old hand

As for other servers, I just looked at http://verzeichnisdienst.de/ldap/Server/ and saw some interesting stuff : eudora and ibm both provide freeware LDAP-servers for NT/2000.

IBM uses DB2 as it's backend, which has an awkward licence attached to it.
Eudora is a port of openldap to win32. It uses DB files as backend. I've got it running on my win2k box.
Anyone can try it using:

ldapsearch -h fvgestel.dyndns.org -b o=empegcar cn=*

Frank van Gestel

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2