Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#220265 - 04/09/2001 15:20 Play Order
ReverendPoppy

No matter what I seem to do, when I select an "Album" my receiver always plays the songs in alphabetical order.

I rip using MusicMatch. All id3 tags have track numbers on them. Additionally, the file names are all numbered 01... 02..., etc. But it always plays them in alphabetical order, not counting the numbering. Aside from renaming everything to start with a number, what can I do to get things to play in the right order?

Thanks.

#220266 - 04/09/2001 15:32 Re: Play Order [Re: ReverendPoppy]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I think this is a known bug and they plan to address it in a future release.

In the meantime, have you tried creating a playlist for a given album, and tried playing that playlist?

If that works, I think I can give you a DOS command that will create a giant filename-sorted playlist of your entire MP3 directory. Assuming all your files have the track number before the song title, that is.

_________
Tony Fabris

#220267 - 04/09/2001 15:54 Re: Play Order [Re: tfabris]
loren
carpal tunnel

Loc: SLC, UT, USA
Yeap. what he said. It's the most annoying of the two huge bugs that prevent me from using my reciever as much as i would if they weren't a problem. (the other being the databast size limit). My girlfriend constantly complains about this one, and i'm not all that enthused to creat a playlist for my thousands of albums, automatically or not.

||| loren |||

#220268 - 05/09/2001 03:22 Re: Play Order [Re: loren]
mardibloke
addict

Loc: Penarth, UK
I believe the empg guys have said database limitations and ordering of tracks are the two issues they will address first in any update they do.

- --
Rod, UK Mk2 64gig Red S/N.341 Empeg 2xDigital Audio Receiver - one Wireless