Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#220428 - 25/11/2001 07:44 Trouble getting CD's to Play but downloads Ok??
BSpect
stranger

Loc: Cleveland,Ohio
I must be doing something wrong. I'm new at MP3 and building play lists so take it easy on me.
I installed the RR fine and added the various music on my C drive (170 tracks and 9 Playlists) which is made up of CD's and downloaded music. The RR is only playing those tracks that were downloaded and none of the CD tracks. If a playlist has tracks from both, it only plays the downloaded tracks. All the playlists run fine on the computer.
What am I doing that's stopping the RR from playing CD tracks. I've built playlists/recorded tracks using RealJukeBox2 and Windows Media Player and I have the same problem with both.
This is very frustrating since I want to use the RR to replace my old CD Jukebox.
The RR is connected to a Linkysis DSL Router (wireless) which is connected to a swich. All computers are connected to the switch.

Thanks for any Help.

#220429 - 25/11/2001 08:26 Re: Trouble getting CD's to Play but downloads Ok?? [Re: BSpect]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Loc: London, UK
Did you rip the CDs using RealJukebox? If so, did you remember to turn off the encryption? The Rio Receiver can't play "protected" ripped tracks.

Failing that, try importing the files directly, rather than using the Rio Receiver's RJ importer. Go to C:\Program Files\Audio Receiver, and type "regsvr32 /u realprv.dll" (without the quote marks). It will stop importing files from the RJ database, and will, instead, use the settings in the file import dialog box.

Roger - not necessarily speaking for empeg

#220430 - 25/11/2001 08:39 Re: Trouble getting CD's to Play but downloads Ok?? [Re: Roger]
BSpect
stranger

Roger,
Thank You. I'll give that a try shortly.

#220431 - 25/11/2001 11:04 Re: Trouble getting CD's to Play but downloads Ok?? [Re: BSpect]
BSpect
stranger

Roger,

Thank You...I'm now getting CD audio after turning off the protection. But I can't get playlists to play just the individual tracks by selecting artist. I tried building playlists with both Windows Media Player and with RealJukebox. I can't get the WMP playlist to even show up on the RR but the RealJukebox does show up but just doesn't play anything.
Also, I'm getting the song title twice (repeated exactly) on the RR screen. Is that a setting I've messed up?
Thanks Again for the help.

#220432 - 25/11/2001 11:09 Re: Trouble getting CD's to Play but downloads Ok?? [Re: BSpect]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I think WMP and RJ playlists are different kinds of playlists than the ones the Rio Receiver uses. The Rio Receiver uses standard ASCII ".M3U" playlists. These are the kinds of playlists used by WinAmp.

I could be wrong, though?

#220433 - 25/11/2001 14:33 Re: Trouble getting CD's to Play but downloads Ok?? [Re: tfabris]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Loc: London, UK
No, you're right. We also (silently) import Musicmatch Jukebox playlists. Mainly because they're actually M3U playlists, and live in a specific location.

Roger - not necessarily speaking for empeg