Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#220839 - 01/02/2002 09:48 Server SW dies when rebuilding database.
Louis
stranger

After working fine for 4 days, the audio reciever software now appears to shutdown after building the database. First noticed when I rebuilt database after adding new tracks.

It appears to build the DB and extract file information, but then it just disappears. No message that x files were found. No icon in sys tray. The program then just shuts down.

My Firewall detected that armgr.exe tried to access the internet - at first I blocked its access, but then opened it up, thinking that that was the problem.

I reinstalled the SW a couple of times.

Any ideas?

Here's what I'm running:
Win2000 Server
Intel 1000 Mhz
256 MB RAM
30 GB HD for OpSys, etc.
60 GB Harddrive for music (1/2 full with approx 6,000 titles)
Reciever and Server connected to LAN

Regards,
Louis

#220840 - 01/02/2002 10:14 Re: Server SW dies when rebuilding database. [Re: Louis]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Hmm. If it's anything like the car player software, then I would suspect that one particular track is giving it grief. Perhaps something with a filename containing a strange character, or maybe a file with messed-up tags or header data. For example, a V2 "comment" tag that's greater than 256 characters long or something.

Go through the newly-added files with a fine-toothed comb and see if you can see anything like that.