Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#222205 - 07/09/2002 07:10 Can't get Playlists to work
Roy_Esmonde
stranger

I just can't seem to get the Playlist function to work on my Rio. My Musicmatch Jukebox 7.0 creates them and plays them fine but although the Rio identifies the correct Playlist title from Musicmatch, when I select it on the Rio it gives me the message "No Matches". The Rio plays the tracks fine apart from that.

I'm not sure if the problem is related to the complexity of my setup and file locations. I have MM 7.0 setup on one machine (PC1) with the music files on a different disk from the program files. My Rio software is on another machine (PC2) and accesses the MM 7.0 music folder via Ethernet. My Rio hardware accesses the Rio software via the Rio HPNA card on the PC2.

I've had a look at the Playlist files and the info seems to be fine.

BTW I can't figure out how to get the "List" option on the Rio remote to create playlists either, so maybe I have some genetic disability :-)

Can anyone help or let me know if there's any alternative explanation posted about using the Rio Playlist facilities?

Thanks,

Roy Esmonde

#222206 - 02/01/2004 03:08 Re: Can't get Playlists to work [Re: Roy_Esmonde]
buddyc
stranger

Greetings,
I have a similar setup - PC1 has Musicmatch 8.0 where I rip and tag my CDs, PC2 is a dedicated ARM server, and all music files reside on a Snap Server. The file structure for my music files on the SnapServer is: \\SnapServerName\MusicDirectory\ArtistName\Album\Song.mp3

When I import tracks into ARM, I select \\SnapServer\MusicDirectory and let it go to work.

I initially created playlists on PC1 using the tracks on the SnapServer. I then copied the *.m3u files to: \\SnapServer\MusicDirectory\_Playlists.

After importing, the Rio found the tracks and the playlists. However, when I select a playlist, I get the "No Match" error.

I then moved the *.m3u files up one directory level to: \\SnapServer\MusicDirectory and reimported. I got the same result from the Rio.

I have opened the *.m3u files with Wordpad, Notepad, and MS Word and have confirmed that each application displays the same text and formatting. I have also confirmed that I have the full UNC path: \\SnapServerName\MusicDirectory\ArtistName\Album\Song.mp3 for each track in the playlist.

Finally, I confirmed that both Musicmatch and Windows Media Player correctly read the *.m3u files regardless of which PC I use and regardless of where the *.m3u files reside.

Anyone who can shed light on this frustrating problem will be greatly appreciated.