Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#222603 - 09/01/2003 09:00 Emplode 2.0B13 Observations/Question
The Central Guy
enthusiast

Loc: San Diego, California USA
I've been using Emplode 2.0B13 on my PC, mainly to edit the tag information for songs on my Rio Digital Audio Center. It works pretty well for me. I do have a question to ask about the software; hopefully someone else will know the answer to this...

* For new users, the general overview of the software is that it reads in a copy of the Rio DAC database into the PC, lets you edit, make playlists, etc. Then you have to go through the "synchronize" process to send the modified database back to the Rio DAC (and only then have your changes been saved, so be careful)...

* Tip: This software seems to work best when the Rio DAC isn't doing anything else (ripping, streaming to Rio Receiver, especially when compressing - gears showing). I've had the software crash intermittently when these functions were occurring. But I've had nearly 100% success with the software when I use it and all of those functions mentioned above are not running.

* I have successfully edited and updated the tag information on all of my 6,500 songs to correct mis-spellings, capitalization issues, etc.

* But I don't see an easy way to edit Album or CD titles without going through a convoluted process. What I've done to change a few titles is click on the CD title on the left of the Emplode screen. This causes the song titles to appear on the right side of the screen. I double click on the first song, call up the edit window, and change the title of the CD. After doing that, a new CD title will appear on the left side right above or below the original one if they are close alphabetically and that one song will be in the new title. Then I highlight all the songs in the old title (on the right side) and drag them over from the right to the left into the new title and delete the old title.

Is there an easier way that I'm not seeing to change the title of a CD? There's no right-click rename feature or anything I saw, but I'm hoping that there's an easier way to do it....

Thanks for any other suggestions....Randy

#222604 - 09/01/2003 09:14 Re: Emplode 2.0B13 Observations/Question [Re: The Central Guy]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Loc: London, UK
I double click on the first song, call up the edit window, and change the title of the CD.

Select all of the songs on that album, press Alt+Enter, or the Properties button and change them all at once.

You ought to be able to (maybe it's broken) change the album title by bringing up the properties for the tree item.

#222605 - 09/01/2003 13:56 Re: Emplode 2.0B13 Observations/Question [Re: Roger]
The Central Guy
enthusiast

Thanks, I'll try the Alt-Enter suggestion and properties to change them all at once that way...I don't believe there is a right-click properties choice on the tree item for each album (just copy and delete).

Thanks, Randy

#222606 - 09/01/2003 14:07 Re: Emplode 2.0B13 Observations/Question [Re: The Central Guy]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
"Properties" is available in the right-hand pane for all items, so it's just a question of selecting the right tree level to get the items visible on the right.

#222607 - 09/01/2003 21:41 Re: Emplode 2.0B13 Observations/Question [Re: tfabris]
The Central Guy
enthusiast

I was able to solve this problem by clicking once on the left to highlight the album, and then clicking the song titles on the right, then right click properties allowed me to change the CD or album title on all songs at once...Thanks...Someday it might be a nice feature to allow a right click properties on the actual album or CD name itself to get to the same screen without having to select all the titles...Oh well, I'm good to go for now...

Randy

#222608 - 10/01/2003 04:39 Re: Emplode 2.0B13 Observations/Question [Re: The Central Guy]
Roger
carpal tunnel

You can slow-double-click on the item in the tree (or press F2) to get the rename edit box. This works. I just tried it.

#222609 - 10/01/2003 04:49 Re: Emplode 2.0B13 Observations/Question [Re: The Central Guy]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Someday it might be a nice feature to allow a right click properties on the actual album or CD name itself to get to the same screen without having to select all the titles...

Fixed in the next release. Whenever it actually escapes from the building.

#222610 - 10/01/2003 08:55 Re: Emplode 2.0B13 Observations/Question [Re: Roger]
The Central Guy
enthusiast

Thanks, Roger...Boy, whaddya know...I did a "slow double click" and it worked like you said...I never would have figured that one out...I was doing a "faster double click" earlier...Who'd have thought we be down in the trenches talking about the speed of the clicks...But it worked and I have renamed all of the Album or CD titles that needed it...Thanks very much....And I'm excited to hear about a little something leaving the building as well someday...

Randy

#222611 - 13/01/2003 11:16 Re: Emplode 2.0B13 Observations/Question [Re: The Central Guy]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I never would have figured that one out...I was doing a "faster double click" earlier...Who'd have thought we be down in the trenches talking about the speed of the clicks...

In all fairness, it's not really a slow double click. It's not about the speed of the clicks, really.

It's the same as the Windows Explorer: the first click selects/highlights the item, the second click edits it. You could, for example, select the item, move your pointer away from it, move it back, and click again to edit it. A double-click is a different thing than clicking on an already-highlighted entry to edit it.