I'm having difficulties booting my Rio with both the original Audio Receiver Manager software on Windows 98 SE and JReceiver on Mac OS X. I believe the problem lies with my router.

I have a Compaq iPaq CP-1 Connection Point - it's a broadband router that supports Ethernet, HomeRF and HomePNA connections. I have a Mac OS X box connected via Ethernet, a Windows 98 SE laptop connected via HomeRF, and a Rio Receiver connected via HomePNA.

I use ettercap or tcpdump to monitor connections as the Rio Receiver tries to boot. The Rio successfully requests and receives an IP address from the router's DHCP server. The Rio is always 192.168.111.66. (My Mac OS X box is always 192.168.111.3.) The Rio then broadcasts it's SSDP request on 21075 to the network. My Mac OS X box replies with "http://192.168.111.3/descriptor.xml" on 21075. Unfortunately, the Rio simply continues to broadcast it's SSDP request to the network. It never communicates directly with the Mac OS X box. It keeps broadcasting the SSDP request and the Mac OS X box keeps replying but there is no subsequent NFS connection. Eventually the Rio gives up. At this point it displays it's IP address, netmask and gateway on the LCD screen.

If I try using the ARM software on my Windows 98 SE laptop the results are the same. The Rio appears in the ARM window but is greyed out. It never boots.

It really appears as though my router is interfering with the SSDP reply. Has anyone experienced this problem?

Please note that I am sure the Rio is working correctly. I have successfully booted the Rio when connected directly to a host via crossover Ethernet cable.