Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#223314 - 12/07/2003 02:49 Network Setup Problem
stevegardyne
stranger

Hope someone can help me.......

I've posted earlier in another thread that I had my Rio working a treat wirelessly via a netgear 101 bridge, 102 AP and a 111 USB wireless adaptor on the server PC well I got greedy and wanted more.....

I wanted my laptop to also network into this little party using a netgear 401 card, I had this working fine in Ad-hoc (peer to peer) before installing my access point but now I am in infrastructure mode (to get the Rio working as the 101 bridge must be in infrastructure mode). I cannot for the life of me get them all communicate, I am using Win xp on both machines and to complicate things a little more I have also removed the USB wireless adaptor from my server and fitted a netgear PCI 10/100 ethernet card and connected it to the access point using a crossover cable (could this be my problem???)

I have tried the default IP addresses and also tried manually forcing IP addresses for the laptop, PC and access point and still no joy. I have also ran the networking wizard in XP and asked it to file/internet connection share via my desktop PC (which worked perfect in peer to peer/ad-hoc mode). The Laptop says it has established a good wireless connection and the PC seems to have a good connection via the LAN card into the WAP as the green light is on I have pinged the WAP successfully - the whole problem seems to be getting them to integrate through the WAP???????? The WAP has it's default settings apart from forcing channel 11 and entering in a matching ESSID network name.

Any ideas or websites to help a networking/rio newbie like me much appreciate, my marriage is at stake if I sit in front of these two PC's much longer!!!!!

#223315 - 12/07/2003 13:07 Re: Network Setup Problem [Re: stevegardyne]
stevegardyne
stranger

Sussed - it was the was the network bridge to my firewire network that was causing the problems!

Now everything is working, file/print/internet and the RR wirelessly - cool.