Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#223603 - 05/09/2003 00:30 tRio Getting stuck in Radio mode
TinnedFish
stranger

Loc: Oregon
This is a horrible bug, since I have no repro steps or server logs but...

Periodically, approx once every 2-3 days, I get stuck in Radio mode on the Rio. I highlight the Mode: Radio item, then hit the enter key from the remote, or pop the dial on the unit itself, and it clears back to the standard display (as if I'd hit cancel). I'm expecting it to give me the list of available modes.

When I get in this state, I simply can't change it to Queue and Play without powering off the unit and letting it sit for 10 minutes and restarting. Or restarting the Trio server. There doesen't appear to be any errors in the log to report.

Does this happen to others? Restarting the server is only a hassle because the server is in the basement, behind the cat box, and under a desk....<grin>

Win2kServer, trio 0.1.4, Java 1.4.2, Jreceiver 0.2.5, ARM (dell cd), tigerdirect rio.

TinnedFish

#223604 - 05/09/2003 07:36 Re: tRio Getting stuck in Radio mode [Re: TinnedFish]
donp
stranger

I have gotten stuck in radio a couple of times. Not enough data to be definitive, but it seems to happen only if I try to switch modes without stopping the radio stream first. If it makes a difference, I usually use the web interface.

#223605 - 05/09/2003 08:37 Re: tRio Getting stuck in Radio mode [Re: TinnedFish]
Jerz
addict

Loc: Jesusland
I have notice it every once in a while also and it's usually when the receiver can't connect to the radio station.