Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#223606 - 05/09/2003 19:22 web applet only shows one song per album if the t
nemiroal
stranger

Hi Paul,

Really amazing work! I love your client/server java model. I can really see now why you choose to design it that way.

anyhow.. I posted this bug today on sourceforge and am just posting it here so other can see it as an issue.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

web applet only shows one song per album if the track
number field in the mp3 tag is not set (i.e. set to
zero). The lone track it show is the alphabetically
first song.

I used CDEX with the LAME encoder to generate my mp3
files from CD. All my mp3 files do not contain a
track number or the track number field is zero. The
result is that the applet only shows the first mp3
file in the album which is alphabetically first and
does not show the rest of the tracks. Sounds like a
sort problem if all the track numbers are set to zero
in the mp3 tag. (i.e. not set).

The Jukebox function does not show up, perhaps this is
due to the condition of my files.

Win2k, ARM 1.03, trio/riot 0.1.4 alpha4, jre 1.4.2.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
ps.. actually, I think not remember you saying that the Jukebox function is only available with JRec and so that is probably why I don't see it as an option.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Anyone know of a good free mp3 tagging tool to fill in my track number field for me. All my files start with
trackno-track name.mp3 and are on the filesystem in
genre/artist/album/trackno-track name.mp3 I don't want to do it by hand as I have about 7000 songs. About all encoded from my CDs using an early version of CDEX. Ironically, the only files that show up correct are the ones which were encoded recently using iTunes. Love my Mac! If I can just find a way to get all this RIO server stuff moved over to using the iTunes library directly, that would be very cool. Use my Mac for personal stuff and only my employeer's stuff stays on the PC.

#223607 - 06/09/2003 03:38 Re: web applet only shows one song per album if t [Re: nemiroal]
mtempsch
pooh-bah

Loc: Gothenburg, Sweden
Anyone know of a good free mp3 tagging tool to fill in my track number field for me.

Well, my favorite mp3 tagger is "Tag & Rename" - liked it enough to actually purchase it (it's shareware).
In that you'd create a pattern like "%6 - %0" to dig out the track number from the file name and populate the id3 Track# tag using the mp3 file name to id3 tag function. (%6 is track#, %0 is a dummy for stuff you wish to ignore)

"Dr Tag" or "mp3 Tag Studio" should be able to do this as well. (both sharewares IIRC, Tag Studio might be ad-based in the free version)

/Michael

#223608 - 07/09/2003 06:26 Re: web applet only shows one song per album if the t [Re: nemiroal]
pauln
enthusiast

Loc: UK
I don't have any tunes like this on my system, but I've coded a fix that might just solve it. PM me with your email address and I'll mail it to you to try out.

Cheers
Paul