Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#223840 - 05/10/2003 21:20 Trio, Static IP receivers on HPNA?
johann
stranger

I'm running 2 rio/dell receivers, using the original Rio audio receivr manager (v 1.04) with Trio over HPNA, Windows 2000. And my HPNA card is from Netgear, I don't think it is the adapter that came with my Rio.

My problem is that everytime I reboot the receivers get a new ip. The web applet starts queuing up "disconnected" receivers left orphaned from the old receiver IPs.

Looking at the Audio Receiver Manager under "IP Congiguration", the HPNA card has the "Enable Auto Configuration" button unchecked and greyed out with the message: "this setting is not appropriate for machines that use Universal Plug and Play".

This may be a rookie question, but I searched this forum and couldn't find the answer. How do I keep the Rio Receivers from getting new IP addresses each time I reboot?

regards,
-j

Edited by johann (05/10/2003 21:49)

#223841 - 09/10/2003 02:05 Re: Trio, Static IP receivers on HPNA? [Re: johann]
pauln
enthusiast

Loc: UK
It sounds like you need to configure your Univeral Plug and Play controller in Windows XP to give out the same address each time. I don't know if this is possible (and being on win2k, I can't investigate myself), but the microsoft web-site would be a good starting point (see http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/columns/crawford/02july22.asp for starters).

Cheers
Paul

#223842 - 09/10/2003 05:29 Re: Trio, Static IP receivers on HPNA? [Re: pauln]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Loc: London, UK
Alternatively, configure your HPNA card (in Windows Network settings) to use a static IP address. Then you can turn on the DHCP server (the Enable Autoconfiguration checkbox) in the ARM software. Then it'll do the right thing.