Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#223956 - 25/10/2003 22:07 Bug in tRio?
hensonator
stranger

Hi gang,
I recently bought some Rio Receivers and quickly found tRio - in general it works great. But, I somehow managed to break the web manager. It would come up on the Status tab, but when I clicked on the 'Player' tab, it would not do anything. I checked the Java Console, which indicated this error:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:setSelectedIndex: 2 out of bounds

I found that if I restored the trio.xml that was part of the distribution (and edited it as I started), it would work again. So, I played with it until it broke and compared the files. It will break when the manager is left on the Radio function when the tRio manager's Status tab is selected and the manager page is re-loaded. There are probably other ways to reproduce the problem, but the problem seems to be related to the addition of an extra parameter in trio.xml. The following lines are from the <application> section of trio.xml:

Comparing files trio.xml and TRIO.OK.XML
***** trio.xml
<unit mode="Queue 'n Play" layout="universal" access="protected"/>
<unit ip="192.168.0.3" mode="Radio"/>

***** TRIO.OK.XML
<unit mode="Queue 'n Play" layout="universal" access="protected"/>
<unit ip="192.168.0.3"/>

So, you can see the extra _mode="Radio"_ text on the version that causes it to choke. Thoughts?
-Matt

#223957 - 26/10/2003 15:06 Re: Bug in tRio? [Re: hensonator]
pauln
enthusiast

Loc: UK
Matt,

Please install the alpha5 version (see my post on the general board) and write this up on the bug tracking system if you still experience it.

Cheers
Paul

#223958 - 27/10/2003 21:02 Re: Bug in tRio? [Re: pauln]
ohmygawd
stranger

I was having the exact same problem. It was driving me crazy, because it happened after I added about 15 Shoutcast stations.

I didn't want to have to add them again.