Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#224461 - 21/01/2004 01:26 trio problems w/2 receivers on streamsicle stream
dbrower
Quiet One

I've set up streamsicle on my linux box that is also running trio
to server two receivers. The first one to make a radio connection to streamsicle plays; the second one displays song title information, but plays no sound. If it is switched to queue-and-play mode, it works fine. if the machines both go queue and play, and the 'broken" one is switched to stream mode first, it will play, and the other will be the loser.

The /var/log/trio.log file is indicating a continuing series of "PlayerStream (192.168.0.124) - discarding DataRequest - stream stopped" messages (about one a second) while the stream plays audibly. There is no set of message from the other unit that
is not playing. If I queue to the first and stream to the second,
the second plays, but there are no 'discarding' messages.
If I then try to stream the first unit, no sound, no messages.

puzzled,

-dB

#224462 - 21/01/2004 16:07 Re: trio problems w/2 receivers on streamsicle stream [Re: dbrower]
pauln
enthusiast

Loc: UK
Hmmm, this doesn't sound great. When you say you're getting no sound from the 2nd player, do you see the synchronisation icon at all (instead of the rather naff radio one - all submissions welcomed)? If so, I'd imagine it's failing to auto-synchronise the two players.

I found a problem with the sync code the other day. I've fixed this in the latest version I'm busy testing, but still needs some tweaking. I've can send you this if you don't mind being a guinea pig.

Cheers
Paul