Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#224517 - 01/02/2004 15:14 Another tRio and JReceiver thread! HELP!!
TechnoDoc
new poster

A little background...I've been using tRio and ARM 1.04 with no problems, until my MP3 library grew to over 1000 songs.

Well, after two days of trying, I have JReceiver installed and working on a Win2000 machine. I still want to use tRio as the client software, because I'd like to stream internet radio as well as my MP3 collection. I installed JReceiver, and then instead of installing RioBoot, I followed the tRio instructions for using ARM to handle the NFS and DHCP duties.

I searched these threads and found an example of someone who seems to have done the same thing with success. So I followed their instructions: boot server, start ARM, start JRec, start tRio. So far, so good. I turn on the receiver, I get the 'DELL Initializing' screen and then the tRio startup screen. When I go to the menu, I have the ability to choose between the Radio, Jukebox and Queue 'n Play modes. If I go to Radio mode, I can pick a station from my list, no problem, and it plays. If I try to select songs either from Jukebox or Queue mode, the receiver either locks up, or I get the error message on the receiver that says:

! Server Error
Error connecting to JReceiver Server. Please check that JReceiver is running and properly configured.
Cause: xmlrpc-problem invoking method [Drivers.register]

So...what did I do wrong? I know that JReceiver is working, because on the desktop it will stream music and radio to MusicMatch. Trio is connecting to the server machine, because it is reading the radio stations from the trio.xml file and streaming them to the DELL Receiver. But tRio is not communicating with JReceiver to access the MP3 library on the server machine.

Any ideas?

#224518 - 01/02/2004 15:36 Re: Another tRio and JReceiver thread! HELP!! [Re: TechnoDoc]
Jerz
addict

Loc: Jesusland
The only time I had problems connecting to jrec like you're describing is when I didn't have the password entered correctly in trio.xml on this line:

<server name="jrec" title="JReceiver" descr="Open source audio server - hosting the Rio and beyond" class="trio.player.TRioPlayerJRecServer" url="http://192.168.1.103:8080/jrec_serv/servlet/RPC2" user="trio" password="triopassword"/>

#224519 - 01/02/2004 17:28 Re: Another tRio and JReceiver thread! HELP!! [Re: Jerz]
TechnoDoc
new poster

Thanks for the quick reply...

Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the problem. The password is correct in the xml file.

You seem to have a similar setup, other than Win2K vs. Win2K server, we are running the same software. Are you able to do everything with tRio as described? How big is your song collection?

This is so frustrating. I've done everything that the documentation says, I've searched for hints and tips and pitfalls, and still no luck!

Does anyone recommend another client besides tRio to use with JReceiver that will play my MP3s and stream internet radio? I'd much rather stay with tRio, since it seems to have the most complete feature set.

Any help will be appreciated...

#224520 - 01/02/2004 18:56 Re: Another tRio and JReceiver thread! HELP!! [Re: TechnoDoc]
Jerz
addict

Are you able to do everything with tRio as described?
Yes. I've been listening all day in jukebox mode.

How big is your song collection?
About 7950

Have you tried accessing the receiver with the front end web applet? You could check to see if the player is even seeing your music collection on jrec?

#224521 - 01/02/2004 19:30 Re: Another tRio and JReceiver thread! HELP!! [Re: TechnoDoc]
Jerz
addict

What is the dos log telling you? Does it look similar to this?

Feb 1, 2004 8:19:03 PM trio.player.TRioPlayerFrame modeChanged
WARNING: Unexpected Exception while entering playback mode
trio.player.TRioPlayerServerException: Error connecting to JReceiver Server.
Please check that JReceiver is running and properly configured.
at trio.player.TRioPlayerJRecServer.connect(Unknown Source)
at trio.player.TRioPlayerJRecServer.listArtists(Unknown Source)
at trio.player.TRioPlayerTreeSelection.populateChildren(Unknown Source)
at trio.player.TRioPlayerTreeSelection.hasChildren(Unknown Source)
at trio.player.TRioPlayerJukeboxSequencer.setCurrentSelection(Unknown So
urce)
at trio.player.TRioPlayerJukeboxSequencer.<init>(Unknown Source)
at trio.player.TRioPlayerJukeboxDlg.<init>(Unknown Source)
at trio.player.TRioPlayerJukeboxMode.enterMode(Unknown Source)
at trio.player.TRioPlayerFrame.modeChanged(Unknown Source)
at trio.player.TRioPlayerUnitSettings.setMode(Unknown Source)
at trio.player.TRioPlayerModeDlg.entrySelected(Unknown Source)
at trio.player.TRioPlayerModeDlg$1.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at trio.gui.TRioList.fireActionEvent(Unknown Source)
at trio.gui.TRioList.processComponentKeyEvent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processKeyEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.KeyboardFocusManager.redispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at trio.gui.TRioKeyboardFocusManager.dispatchKeyEvent(Unknown Source)
at trio.gui.TRioKeyboardFocusManager.dispatchKeyEvent(Unknown Source)

I know you said that your password is correct but this is what I get when I change the password to the wrong one within jrec.

Open Jrec and goto 'Configuration', 'users', select the 'trio' user id that you should have set up, click on the edit first selected button, make sure the role is set to 'players' and enter your password that matches what is set up in trio.xml twice. Make sure it is long enough or jrec will not accept it. After you've done that shut down the trio server and restart it.

Also, something to note is that I've got jrec, arm and trio thrown in the startup folder so they come on pretty much simultaneously and I have no problems.

Good Luck!

Sorry if you've done this already but it's the only thing that I can think of.

#224522 - 01/02/2004 19:36 Re: Another tRio and JReceiver thread! HELP!! [Re: Jerz]
TechnoDoc
new poster

Thanks again for the quick reply.

Sorry if I sounded a bit frantic...it just kills me to spend all those hours and not have it working.

Well, guess what. I rechecked the password in the trio.xml file (which was OK) then rechecked the user settings in the JReceiver web app. Well, the user 'trio' was listed as having a role of 'foobar', which I imagine is analagous to 'fubar', which is a term we use in the hospital to mean "F---ed Up Beyond All Recognition".

So, somehow the 'trio' user became corrupted. I fixed the role, verified the password, and guess what...IT WORKS!!!

I did notice that sometimes the receiver's screen does not refresh completely, so when I change from one view to another, stray pixels will persist and muck up the next view, until something scrolls by to wipe them off (does this make sense?).

Anyway, I finally seem to have it working! Hooray! Thanks again for your help.

PalmDoc

Dell Branded DAR, Win2000 on a PIII, running ARM v1.04, JReceiver v0.2.5, tRio v0.1.4 alpha 5

#224523 - 01/02/2004 19:47 Re: Another tRio and JReceiver thread! HELP!! [Re: TechnoDoc]
Jerz
addict

LMAO!
foobar? or foobal? Anyway the same EXACT thing happened to me... I though I was going crazy that day.

Look here and here

#224524 - 01/02/2004 23:00 One last question for Jerz... [Re: Jerz]
TechnoDoc
new poster

My current setup works perfectly for Queue 'n Play and Radio modes, but Jukebox mode is not working. When I change to Jukebox mode and try to browse by artist or album or genre, the display on the DAR gets garbled, and I can not navigate or select songs.

Have you seen this before? I've searched the threads, but can't seem to find anything like this listed.

Thanks again...gee, I guess I owe you a beer or something, after all of the help you've given me today!

#224525 - 02/02/2004 07:00 Re: One last question for Jerz... [Re: TechnoDoc]
Jerz
addict

hmmm... no I haven't seen the problem that you are experiencing with Jukebox mode. If you haven't tried, I would reboot the computer and coldboot the receiver (unplug it) just to make sure that you still have the problem after everything comes back up.

Cheers!