we should probably move this to the xpl message board http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ukha_xpl
high level overview:
1. install the xpl_riotts app & start it
2. using xplhal, under devices, double click your rio you want to send tts to
3. select the tts option and enter the ip address:port of the machine running xpl_riotts (ie 10.1.2.3:48000)
to test if this works ok:
1. in xplhal, select tools, send xpl message
2. select target as the rio you configured
3. schema is audio.rio
4. in the first blank box with the "=" sign, put "extended" on the left, on the right put "announcevolume 40"
5. in the next blank box, put "extended", other side put "announce hello"
6. push send.
hopefully you should be able to hear something
for caller id announce:
1. configure your xpl_phone in xplhal - under "cid" option put "YES"
2. in the scripts directory ( c:/your_install_path_to_xplhal/Data/Scripts) you will find a file called TONYT_PHONE_xyz.xpl which corresponds to your xpl_phone instance in xplhal
3. you will need to write a vbscript program to parse the xpl message from xpl_phone which will send the cid tts to your rio (if you got things working this far, i can give you a copy of my script. post over on the xpl group for help)
Can you post a little more detail about how you set this up? I have all the components, but I have no idea where to start configuring everything. I think I just need a couple of pointers.