Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#224711 - 24/03/2004 18:13 install of ARM issues for new user
bfournier
stranger

I am trying to install ARM 104 from Rio's webstie. I am getting an error saying "Could not determine if Audio Receiver is currently running" My only choice is to click "OK" and then I am prompted to remove the selected file and all of its components. Any idea why I am getting this message? I have the Receiver connected. Thanks

#224712 - 24/03/2004 18:25 Re: install of ARM issues for new user [Re: bfournier]
bfournier
stranger

I am running Windows XP connecting to the receiver through Intel ANyPoint home network and the link light is green on the back of the receiver. After turning on the Receiver and it searches for a music server, the screens reads some jibberish "info net:pnq ip:.......

#224713 - 08/05/2004 16:27 Re: install of ARM issues for new user [Re: bfournier]
pathe2
stranger

I got the same crap displayed on mine. I never had the stupid thing work. I installed the new 1.04 software from the website and connected the ethernet cable and all the fukc thing does is say that the server could not be found info net png.... I assumed this would be easy. I am looking at other available software from people who know more about this stuff then me, but it seems kind of complicated.

#224714 - 09/05/2004 01:24 Re: install of ARM issues for new user [Re: pathe2]
markb
new poster

Pathe2 and bfournier

I am sorry that you have had problems getting the Rio running. It can be very frustrating, but I believe that it wil lbe worthwile perservering. Once any teething issues are dealt with, they are a joy ti use and enable you to listen to so much more of your music collection compared to scrabbling around looking for CDs that the kids have nicked/used as frisbees/scratched.

These forums have some pretty detailed troubleshooting posts, but as a starter:

Do you get a green link light on the back of the Rio?
When the error message appears, does the long number look something like 169.254.145.564. or 192.168.0.2?
Are you running a firewall?
Are you connecting directly to the PC using ethernet, or are you going through a switch/hub?

If you are connecting directly to the PC using ethernet, you need t use a "crossover" cable, not a "straight through" cable. If you are using the correct cable, then the green link LED on the back of the Rio will come on.

The error numbers that appear (169.254.25.65 or 192.168.xxx.xxx) are because the Rio cannot find the ARM program on the PC. I am guessing that the number is a 169.254.xxx.xxx type. That means that your PC is giving it an "emergency address" since the ARM software cannot see the Rio.

All this, while rather frustrating, is fixable quite easily with a bit of perserverance.

If you need help, just continue this thread and I am sure that others will also jump in to offer advice.

Good luck, and happy listening SOON!

#224715 - 09/05/2004 20:35 Re: install of ARM issues for new user [Re: markb]
pathe2
stranger

Thanks for the reply. I am using an cat 5 24awg/4p cable that was connecting my ethernet card to the cable modem. As for the green light it is on and the error message is giving me the ip addresses that you listed on the reply. I do not have a hub. I went to winipcfg(win 98se) and released all. after running the arm the ip address were listed as the proper ip address but it still does not connect. I was hoping that this would be a quick process but I understand good things always take time.

#224716 - 10/05/2004 10:50 Re: install of ARM issues for new user [Re: pathe2]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I am using an cat 5 24awg/4p cable that was connecting my ethernet card to the cable modem. (...) I do not have a hub.

That's your problem. Click here.