As I've posted in other messages, and also up above in another forum, I've had trouble upgrading one of my two Centrals to the new 1.10 software. The one that worked had a mostly empty hard drive and the one I've had trouble with has a mostly full 120 GB drive...The error message and a photo of the screen is included as an attachment in my previous message on this forum.

This morning I was successfully able to build a new 120 GB drive with all my music and the new software, so I thought I'd post my method for those who are still having trouble...

1) I started with a blank hard drive in the Central
2) I used the original CD to format the drive and install the original software (1.02).
3) Then I used the update CD that I've burned with the new software update to install 1.10 (it has always worked on a blank or almost blank drive, but seems to fail on a disk that I've been using for awhile or a drive that has lots of music on it)
4) So now I had a drive that had no music, but did have the updated 1.10 software.
5) I stuck this "New" Central drive back in my PC, as well as the "original" Central drive that has 90 GB of music on it.
6) Then I used Ghost 2003 software to only copy the large Linux partition contents from the "original" Central drive to the "new" Central drive. There are 4 partitions total on these Central drives, but the other three are quite small (< 1 GB each). The partition you want to copy is the large partition with all the music. That took 90 minutes using the Ghost software.
7) I tested my new "master" drive back in the Central and it works!!!! So now I have all my tunes, playlists, etc. AND the new updated software. Lots of work, but I finally got it(!)

I'll test this for awhile and see if any issues develop, but for now I think I've solved my problem....For the others that we're having issues installing the upgrade, let me know if you have any questions....If I can be of any further help, I will...

Randy

Edited by RandySchimka (16/07/2004 16:23)